Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world's most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination. JOB SUMMARY
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for managing and implementing all phases of build, release and environment management for a distributed team developing engineering software. Duties also include developing and maintaining custom scripts and integrating Open Source tools for developers and testers. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
JOB MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Design, develop and maintain build tools for creation, deployment and monitoring of product builds.
- Automate build processes and integrate with Continuous Integration systems like Azure DevOps (formerly TFS).
- Develop and maintain infrastructure tools for development and testing teams.
- Maintain high quality production and development builds of ANSYS FBU software products on Windows and Linux systems
- Improve performance and reliability of product builds
- Deploy, maintain and support current software development and testing tools/environments (e.g., Visual Studio, Compilers, IDEs, MPI etc.)
- Investigate and address build and runtime failures; fix compilation and linker errors
- Assist developers in resolving build issues
- Maintain and update third-party dependencies as needed
- Assemble, create, and test distribution media for official and special version releases
- Execute acceptance tests to ensure product stability and conformance to company quality standards
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, testing and production environments
- Work in a collaborative manner with members of the software development, infrastructure and testing teams
- Interface with IT team to specify, deploy, maintain and update build systems
- Performs other job-related duties that may be assigned by management from time to time.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
- Very strong scripting skills (Python, Linux shell scripting, Windows batch scripting and Perl)
- Strong background in Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience with maintenance and development of Makefiles and CMake or SCons
- Solid troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to plan and complete high-quality work on a schedule
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
CULTURE AND VALUES
- Master's degree or the foreign equivalent in Mechanical, Aerospace or Chemical Engineering or a related engineering discipline or 1-3 years of related experience is preferred
- Visual Studio, Intel and GCC compilers knowledge is preferred
- Experience with YAML, JSON and GO programming language is desirable
- Familiarity with C/C++ and Fortran programming is desirable
- Experience with a continuous integration system like Azure DevOps or TeamCity is desirable
- Experience with dependency management tools like Conan or NuGet is desirable
- Experience with a configuration management software like GIT is desirable
- Experience implementing open source tools is desirable.
- Work is performed in a general office environment.
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs - guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
WORKING AT ANSYS
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it's about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It's about the "what's next" as much as the "mission accomplished". It's about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com.
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
#SP #LI-BH1 Nearest Major Market:
Perl (Programming Language)
Python (Programming Language)