Property Accountant - Boston, MA
Our client is in search of a Property Accountant to join their team in Boston! This role will report directly to the Accounting Manager. As the property Accountant, you will maintain general ledger, prepare financial statements, prepare year-end work papers for audit and tax return preparation for assigned properties in the portfolio. You will assist in the budgeting process, prepare bank reconciliations, and review tenant reconciliations for CAM, RE Tax, and percentage rents.
- General ledger maintenance
- Financial reporting (internal & external)
- Partner distributions/contributions
- Bank reconciliations
- Tenant billings/charges
- Year-end work papers/audits
- Assist in preparation of annual property budgets (including capital) for the upcoming year
- Assist Property Manager with certain line items (income and expenses)\
- Review rent assumptions from Leasing Team
- Review projected CAM & RE Tax recovery rates and percent rent
- Review budget before final approval by management
- Prepare executive summary based on approved budgets
- Prepare on accrual & cash basis
General Ledger Maintenance
- Review G/L monthly to verify accuracy of transaction postings
- Prepare journal entries as necessary including recurring
- Interface with corporate accounting, property management, accounts receivable, accounts payable and lease administration to resolve issues
- Approve & code specific AP invoices
- Review capital expenditure change orders and update job cost budgets as needed.
Financial Reporting (Internal & External)
- Prepare monthly cash flow projections
- Prepare financial statements including variance analysis periodically including re-forecasting
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations and schedules as required for internal and external reporting.
- Prepare the financial package for outside partners following management/LLC agreement
- Participate in monthly meetings to review cash flow projections and financial statements
- Assist in lender reporting as required in property loan agreements.
- Budget partner calls and distributions per original cash-flow projections
- Prepare partner calls and distributions as required
- Maintain schedules of partners’ percentages following LLC/LP agreements
- Adjust projected distributions & contributions to assure adequate cash balances
- Prepare bank reconciliations for entities assigned
- Resolve / research open reconciling items.
- Review tenant reconciliations for CAM and RE Taxes.
- Assist in tenant billing inquiries and provide information to Collections Group.
- Review percent rent calculations and posted charges.
- Review all Tenant charges
Year-End Work Papers
- Finalize CAM expenses to prepare annual tenant reconciliation.
- Make necessary year-end adjustments to finalize financial statements and tax returns.
- Prepare appropriate schedules to support year-end balances
- Assist in K-1 estimates required various times during the year
- Assist in year-end audit requirements/schedules
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Business
- 2+ years’ work experience in a related field
- Experience with property management software preferred
- Knowledge of commercial real estate, lease documents, lease language & interpretation preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Well organized, self-motivated, and detail-oriented, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative, set priorities, handle a wide range of tasks simultaneously and shift priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be flexible and willing to take on new assignments.
- Excellent judgment and discretion are required.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume to Spencer at [ Email removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply for consideration.