**Part-Time and Possible Full-Time, Day Shift
**1-3 Years Work Experience
**Starting Wage: $10-$12
Able to perform designated work for the transportation of our residents.
- Perform defined work routines as defined by the Executive Director.
- Follow established reporting protocol:
- Inform Executive Director of van needs
- Monitor the van/bus; i.e. - Keeping the gas tank full, cleaning the van, watching the oil change schedule, etc.
- Follow maintenance schedule for van/bus.
- Attend any in-service educational programs recommended by the Executive Director
- Follow defined safety codes while performing all duties.
- Understand facility fire and disaster plans and follow established procedures during fire drills and actual emergencies
- Perform any other duties or special assignments as directed by the Executive Director of Primrose.
- Educations: High School diploma preferred
- Valid Drivers License and a good driving record.
- Experience: Previous maintenance experience preferred
- Aptitude: Ability to read, write and understand and follow written and oral instructions. Willingness to perform routine, repetitive tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Motor coordination and depth perception is required for driving the van/bus.
- Able and willing to work flexible hours
Physical Demands: Must be able to reach, stoop, bend, carry and manipulate various items. Lifting, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs. Using proper body mechanics or available equipment to help. Physical activity required throughout the shift.
- Adhere to and carry out all policies and procedures as asked
- Report on-the-job injuries to the community manager immediately
- Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with co-workers, residents, families and visitors
- Maintain confidentiality of verbal and written information pertaining to residents, co-workers and families in the facility (see Executive Director for the HIPAA Privacy Act)
- Promote PRIMROSE RETIREMENT in a positive way
- Promote Team work in providing direction and service to our residents
- Employees will not work under the influence of mood-altering or illegal drugs or alcohol. If you are required to take medication, we as that inform the Executive Director that you are taking meds and for how long
- Neat appearance and good personal hygiene is required at PRIMROSE
PRIMROSE RETIREMENT COMMUNITY is an equal opportunity employer.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 1445/1061
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Primrose Retirement Communities was founded in 1989 based on the premise that a retirement community must reward its residents with value, comfort, security, and convenience.
View the full profile
Through the years, this philosophy has been enthusiastically welcomed in all communities where Primrose has been established. It has been our pleasure to create beautiful apartment homes and townhome villas complemented by outstanding internal commons areas such as libraries, movie theaters, fitness centers, ice cream parlors and pubs. From the beginning our company office has been in Aberdeen, South Dakota, a community known for its friendly, honest and hard-working people. Those are the characteristics that guide each Primrose Retirement Community.
Jim Thares, Primrose founder, emphasizes that the objective of each Primrose community is to provide a comfortable, convenient, secure and enjoyable environment for seniors. "We are in this business," he says, "to help seniors enjoy a healthy, happy lifestyle." Thus, the Primrose theme "This is living" represents the fulfillment of this philosophy.
Primrose is guided by this philosophy in all phases of its work, beginning with the architectural design of its communities, the use of eco-friendly construction materials, the location and staffing of each community, and the ongoing management and caretaking that are part of each Primrose.