To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1795 Iowa 64
Anamosa, IA 52205
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Occupational Health - Physician - Anamosa, IA
UnityPoint Health • Anamosa, IA
Posted 1 day ago
Jones Regional Medical Center is searching for PRN Physician or Advanced Practitioner for their Occupational Medicine/Work Well clinic.
Primary Function and Relationship to the Total Organization:
The Jones Regional Work Well Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner or Physician shall deliver the highest quality healthcare in accordance with license requirements set forth by state regulations in an efficient, affordable and caring manner according to the UnityPoint Health policies and procedures and in accordance with standards set forth by client company medical directives. This is for a PRN position at the JRMC facility.
- Evaluate and treat patients in accordance with the Work Well medical model.
- Establish and monitor appropriate levels of care for patients.
- Complete all medical record documentation in a timely manner.
- Work with Work Well Medical Director or Onsite Physician to ensure operations are consistent with medical and professional standards of care set forth by Work Well and UnityPoint Health.
- Support physicians and perform tasks traditionally performed by physicians in accordance with license requirements set forth by state regulations.
- Perform physical, mental status, and medical history examinations in accordance with license requirements set forth by state regulations.
- Make records of findings prior to being reviewed and countersigned by the supervising physicians in accordance with license requirements set forth by state regulations.
- Administer or order diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory tests
- Compile patient medical data, including health history and physical examination results; interpret diagnostic test results for deviations
- Perform therapeutic procedures, such as injections, immunizations, suturing, wound care, and managing infections in accordance with license requirements set forth by state regulations.
- Meet with Work Well Medical Director and/or Onsite Physician to discuss the quality of patient care, policies, procedures, outcomes, reports, and records.
- Two to five years of experience in primary care, occupational medicine, urgent care, or in an emergency medicine setting is preferred
- Licensure requirements of the state of jurisdiction
- Requires knowledge of federal healthcare laws and regulations.
- Requires highly developed communication skills to effectively work with all levels of management throughout the UnityPoint Health, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communications.
- Ability to work as a team member, creating and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Medical Director or Onsite Physician, Jones Regional Work Well
- Performs effectively under high stress of continual demands and deadlines.
- Ability to perform multiple concurrent tasks subject to frequent change.
- Ability to understand and deal effectively with problems and opportunities.
- Exercises sound judgment, seeking advice when appropriate.
- Ability to think, prepare and act objectively and analytically.
- Ability to interpret, analyze, evaluate and present data in an effective and understandable format.
- Ability to deal with people effectively and respond professionally in all situations.
- Works independently, takes initiative, and possesses good organizational abilities.
- Strong commitment to providing excellent service to internal and external customers.
- Normal office surroundings.
- Precautions must be followed when working in any healthcare environment area.
- Normal work routine could encounter exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues (although situations can be imagined under which anyone, anywhere, might encounter potential exposure to body fluids).
- Physical demands: Good manual dexterity, using hands for computer applications and writing. Vision, hearing, speaking for communication needs.
- ***Department of Labor level II tasks: LIGHT - Exert up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Physical demands are in excess of those of sedentary work. Light work usually requires walking or standing up to 6 hours of an 8 hour day while certain jobs may require sitting most of the time.***
Please contact Andrea Sims, Physician and Provider Recruiter at 319-730-9513 or Andrea.Sims@unitypoint.org