To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
161 South Gary Avenue
Carol Stream, IL 60188
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
CORT • Carol Stream, IL
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Coordinates and directs the warehouse/distribution operations to ensure they are contributing to the day-to-day functions and to the overall success of the District and CORT.Responsibilities
- Supervise all warehouse employees.
- Manage and control, condition and security of inventory including its proper storage, handling, disposal, transferring, cleaning and repairing.
- Responsible for proper staging, loading and unloading of furniture. Assures proper preparation of furniture for shipment through assembly, substitution, loading, unloading, checking and placement back into inventory. Supervises 'staging' of furniture for next day delivery.
- Manages the scheduling, routing and control of all trucking activity to ensure efficient delivery and pickup of furniture.
- Responsible for the cleaning, maintenance and security of the warehouse.
- Ensures that safety standards are adhered to in all areas of the warehouse.
- Help in preparing monthly safety reports.
- Obtains periodic driving records of drivers and ensures that all employees adhere to safe work practices.
- 4 year college degree with 3 years of related work experience or 4-5 years of related work experience without a degree;
- Must have valid state driver’s license and safe driving record;
- Must have reliable transportation
- Ability to speak, read and write English
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. Frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms. Occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
CORT is a subsidiary of Warren Buffet’s Berkshire Hathaway. We are the world’s largest provider of furniture rental, trade show and event furnishings and relocation and transition services. We have locations throughout the US and in the UK, and a proprietary global network in over 80 countries around the world. We are dedicated to helping people make a house a home, an office a great place to work and an event a memorable celebration.
As part of a national company, CORT Furniture Rental offers opportunities for career development, professional growth, competitive salaries with position-specific incentive or commission plans, a comprehensive benefit plan, 401(k) and Profit Sharing, educational expense reimbursement and employee discounts.
For more information on CORT Business Services, please visit our website at www.CORT.com.
CORT conducts drug screening, background checks and MVR checks (if applicable) as a condition of employment. CORT also participates in the E-Verify program.