Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
PAE seeks a carpenter to support the US embassy in Moscow, Russia. The incumbent will report to the American Carpenter Shop Foreman. He/she will perform carpentry maintenance and repair in office and NEC residential buildings, the Ambassador's residence and recreational facilities. The duties and responsibilities below are not mutually exclusive:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install and replace carpeting
- Replace tile and linoleum
- Repair, build, assemble, and refurbish furniture. May include bookcases, cabinets, shelves, chairs, tables, doors and doorframes.
- Repair, replace and secure windows, frames and screens.
- Install door bolts
- Repair and tread stairs.
- Make and install signs.
- Install coat racks and other fixtures.
- Lays out and installs studs and drywall, ceiling track and ceiling tile.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned
- Must be 21 years of age or older, have completed secondary school or obtained a GED, and possess a valid driver's license.
- Graduate of a vocational/technical school with carpentry certificate or equivalent experience is required.
- At least five years’ experience in general carpentry is required. Training and experience with rough carpentry, finish carpentry, cabinetmaking, and furniture repair and making highly desired.
- Carpenters should have a demonstrated working knowledge of: Roofing – rubber, shingle, sheetmetal, builtup; Concrete – form building, mixing, finishing; Carpet – laying tile carpet and runner carpeting; Painting – types of paint, application methods; Carpentry – framing, furniture, finishing; Flooring – types and installation.
- Operation of all normal carpenter shop and portable carpentry tools.
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance is required.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Carpenter - Immediate Interviews!
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement