Job Posting Title
Maintenance MechanicPosition Summary
The Maintenance Mechanic conducts repairs to the physical plant and plant equipment, conducts preventative maintenance and project work and ensures continuous operation of mechanical and electrical systems on mobile and fixed manufacturing equipment.
Challenges and Responsibilities:
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic components, conveyor systems, and production machines; follow diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshoot malfunctions
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems and using precision measuring and testing instruments
- Install new machinery and/or equipment by installing utilities to and between machines and equipment using hand and power tools and test equipment
- Repair electrical systems and equipment by diagnosing malfunctioning apparatus, such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures; determining faulty wiring; inspecting and testing malfunctioning machinery
- Repair and replace faulty electrical components by using testing equipment and hand tools to install relays, switches, motors, printed circuit boards, and position-sensing devices
- Troubleshoot and maintain equipment including but not limited to:
- High-speed horizontal and vertical carton machines
- Bag machines
- Moguls and related equipment such as pumps, conveyors, printers, tapers etc.
- Rebuild machinery as wear and tear occurs
- Perform routine preventative maintenance per established PM program
- Fabricate and repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment
- Maintain equipment, parts and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipate needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt
- Understand and demonstrate the Company’s core values and operating principles
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, GMP and safety standards; ensure adherence with AIB, SQF and other relevant standards
- 3 plus years of proven experience working with high speed packaging equipment and related food production machinery.
- Strong troubleshooting and repair skills.
- Knowledge of electrical, mechanical, hydraulics, and pneumatics
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team
- High school diploma/GED and technical training in electronics and maintenance preferred.
Apply to an industry leader TODAY! We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, 401K match, life, STD/LTD, and tuition reimbursement. We even offer free lunch!