To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Shelton, CT 06484
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Customer Service Advocate - Shelton, CT
UnitedHealth Group • Shelton, CT
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Challenge can often be it’s own reward. But why settle for just being challenged when you can also be nurtured, mentored and supported as you make an impact in a fast paced career? At UnitedHealthcare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, you can have all of the above, everyday. Now, you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our existing and new customers. As a Customer Service Advocate, you’ll provide our members with the information they need to make better decisions about their health, helping them get access to the right care the first time. Every day, you'll provide compassionate and empathetic support to 50 to 70 callers providing guidance, support, and resolution for escalated issues. This is no small opportunity. This is where you can bring your compassion for others while building your career.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (8:00am to 6:00pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 4 Research Drive, Shelton, CT 06484.
There are several steps in our hiring process. Please make sure that you have filled out all required sections of your employment application. Once you submit your completed application, you will receive an e-mail with information regarding next steps including any pre-employment assessment(s) that are required. Both your application and any required assessment(s) need to be completed before we can consider you for employment so the sooner you complete these two steps, the sooner you will hear from us. To learn more, go to: http://uhg.hr/OurApplicationProcess
- Serve as a resource or Subject Matter Expert for team members or internal customers
- Handle escalated calls, resolving more complex customer issues
- Demonstrate outstanding service to identify the source of the caller’s issue and work to resolve the inquires in a timely and professional manner
- Help guide and educate customers about the fundamentals and benefits of consumer-driven health care topics such as selecting the best benefit plan options, maximizing the value of their health plan benefits and choosing a quality care provider
- Contact care providers (doctor’s offices) on behalf of the customer to assist with appointment scheduling or connections with internal specialists for assistance
- Assist customers in navigating myuhc.com and other UnitedHealth Group websites while encouraging and reassuring them to becoming self-sufficient with our tools
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You’ll be on the phone for long periods of time and encounter all types of communication styles and personalities as you help resolve conflicts or issues. You’ll deal with stressful situations and resolve complex health care concerns in a positive, simplified manner so that callers fully understand their health care plans and solutions.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent years of work experience
- 1+ years of customer service experience OR experience in a medical office, health care, call center or office setting analyzing and solving customer problems
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Demonstrated ability to listen skillfully, collect relevant information, build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner
- Proficient in translating health care related jargon and complex processes into simple, step by step instructions customers can understand and act upon
- Proficient conflict management skills including the ability to resolve stressful situations
- Prior health care experience
- Knowledge of billing / finance and eligibility processes, practices and concepts
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Key words: customer service representative, customer service, CSR, UnitedHealth Group, call center, UnitedHealthcare, Optum, OptumRx, health care, healthcare, office, phone support, training class