Ameris Bank is a high-performing community bank providing an exceptional customer experience with well trained, empowered employees. At Ameris, we look outside conventional wisdom and processes to find new answers. This means cutting red tape, empowering our people to make decisions at the local level and creating clear paths and easy touchpoints. We represent energy and passion, a steady strength that is bold and assertive, creativity in thinking and problem solving, a scrappy determination and nimble approach to getting things done, a good natured, genuine and approachable way of serving each other and our customers. We look forward to the future, and what this means for you, if you join our team.
Responsible for providing general assistance to Business Development Officers (BDO’s) in order to ensure a smooth flow of the commercial loan process.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Assist BDO’s in compiling accurate and thorough loan applications
- Communicate directly with clients, as directed by BDO’s
- Assist BDO’s with administrative and clerical duties
- Order third-party reports
- Compile and submit completed loan application files to Underwriting
- Occasionally assist department management with special projects
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to approach responsibilities [including changes and challenges] in a positive manner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively interact and work with a variety of people at all levels
- Ability to assess, organize, and complete assignments efficiently
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Detail oriented, with a high degree of accuracy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
Industry and Work Experience:
- Financial-related work experience
- High school diploma or GED required
- Knowledge of commercial lending procedures and standards
- Knowledge of general banking services and products
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)