DH Pace Company of Chattanooga, TN is looking for a part-time Fire and Smoke Door Inspector for our Compliance Services Division. If you have the following experience please apply!
Field inspect fire and smoke rated openings, frames and hardware to the requirements of applicable Building Codes (IBC), Fire Codes (IFC), Life Safety Codes (NFPA 101), Standards (NFPA 80, NFPA 105) and manufacturer specifications. Pass/fail criteria is already documented in the Codes and Standards and expanded upon in our field inspection program. Door Inspectors conduct visual inspections and functional testing of fire and smoke rated openings, and submit report findings via inspection forms or issued tablet. Door Inspectors must have or develop the ability to review and utilize life safety or architectural drawings as needed. Take digital photos, general measurements, and apply barcodes or other identifying stickers on openings as required.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Door Inspector’s duties include, but are not limited to:
- Review schedule/calendar and keep current.
- Submit timesheets at expected intervals.
- Submit inspection report findings to Assistant or Regional Director for review in a timely manner.
- Inventory, and maintain inspection tools, tablet and uniforms.
- Have tools checked on required intervals for calibration.
- Ensure professional appearance and positive interactions with internal and external customers.
- Conduct opening Fire Plan Review Takeoff’s when required.
- Utilize life safety drawings or architectural plans in conjunction with prepared door schedules to navigate facilities and conduct door inspections.
- Obtain directions and any other important job specific information or supplies from the Assistant or Regional Director.
- Accurately document mileage during ground travel.
- Locate and introduce yourself to customer contact when first arriving on job site. Review scope of work with the customer to ensure smooth execution.
- Communicate with customer contact at end of each inspection day and inform them when you leave. Return keys, credentials and access cards to issuing representative of the facility.
- Complete initial and continuing education/training classes within required time frames.
- Stay abreast of code and product changes through available training resources.
- Document and communicate any process improvements recommendations to the Assistant or Regional Director.
- Communicate any negative and positive feedback about inspections, processes, customer interactions, supervisors, and fellow employees through pre-established channels.
- Create and manage a professional business relationship with all customers and the public.
- Travel as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Why DH Pace?
DH Pace Company is a distribution, construction and service organization offering a complete range of door and door related products through over 40 offices in the US. The company is privately held and family operated for over 90 years, with sales in 2018 in excess of $500MM.
We set the tone for success, reward hard work and put employees first:
- Exposure to tenured DH Pace leaders will invest time in associate growth and development.
- Access to online training material to enhance professional skills and product knowledge
- Advancement and transfer opportunities
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive total benefits package and corporate wellness program
- Paid time off plan
DH Pace Company
Operate Cash Register
Identify Customer Need
Resolve Customer Issue