Ardagh Group is a global leader in glass and metal packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world’s leading food, beverage and consumer care brands. Ardagh Group has a truly global presence. We operate 109 glass and metal manufacturing facilities in 22 countries, employ over 23,500 people and have global sales exceeding US$8.2 bn.
At Ardagh we have a reputation for innovation; pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy. The unprecedented growth of our business has been driven by our unrivalled expertise, obsession with quality and commitment to continuous improvement.
We strongly believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people. We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential and where their achievements are celebrated. We are creating an exciting future for Ardagh that is built on our core values of trust, teamwork and excellence and we have opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines across our organisation.
For more information on Ardagh Group, please visit URL blocked - click to apply
You can also download our News Centre App by searching Ardagh in the App Store.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To safely move finished & unfinished good throughout the plant
- Supply aluminum shell & tab coils to production modules
- Unload coil truck deliveries – up to three coils per truck
- Dump garbage hopper into compactor
- Accumulate and consolidate recycling materials
- Move finished goods from production modules to the stretch wrapper & into warehouse
- Tend to scrap baler – remove totes, stage empty totes, operate overhead hoist, band pallets of scrap bricks
- Move totes of heads & tails from production modules to warehouse for recycling
- Shovel scrap when baler is not functioning
- Load/Unload balancer and move balancer trays to and from the warehouse
- Pack ends into sleeves & build pallets of finished goods on manual packing station
- Miscellaneous cleaning or power washing during equipment overhauls
- Conduct re-work when we have finished goods in Hold For Inspection (HFI) status
- Operate sweeper and floor scrubber
- Load scrap brick, scrap slugs, and finished goods into trucks
- Familiar with Personal Protective Equipment
- Experience working in an industrial environment
KEY COMPETENCIES/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Able to stand for long duration of time, grip, bend, reach, twist, climbing & driving
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds with frequent 25 pounds
- Strict attention to precise outcomes
- Ability to multi-task
- Exposure to heat, vibrations and loud noise
These statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Some of the work requirements which are common to all jobs are housekeeping, meeting productions and quality levels, relief of others for brief periods, safety considerations and participation in teams and at meetings. All of these common elements have been included in the evaluated level of the job.
Our Vision and Values
The people that make up Ardagh Group share much more than a strong brand and an excellent reputation. We each share a common vision: to be the preferred packaging partner to the world’s leading brands. We will achieve our vision by delivering customer innovation, providing an inspirational environment for our people and creating sustainable value for our business through its growth and development.
Ardagh Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.