Opportunities at Change Healthcare, part of the Optum family of businesses. We are transforming the health care system through innovative technology and analytics. Find opportunities to make a difference in a variety of career areas as we all play a role in accelerating health care transformation. Help us deliver cutting-edge solutions for patients, hospitals and insurance companies, resulting in healthier communities. Use your talents to improve the health outcomes of millions of people and discover the meaning behind: Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
As a member of the Support Department with a combination of strong technical and broad clinical skills, the Biomedical Support Engineer provides biomedical support and consultation services to Change Healthcare Cardiology customers, over the phone, via remote connection and in-person at customer hospital sites. Acts as a technical resource person and Cardiology department subject matter expert to Support department staff and management. Travels to customer sites to assist with application / basic workflow issues and provide occasional gap training. Develops and delivers internal training and skills improvement workshops for support staff. The Biomedical Support Engineer will work in collaboration with Tier 3 and Engineering to provide feedback that can be utilized towards product enhancement.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide remote support to end-users of Change Healthcare Cardiology cardiac monitoring and evaluation applications
- Diagnosing software and hardware malfunctions and giving direction / training and technical guidance to other members of the Invasive support team and software development groups to identify and resolve problems
- Integrating Change Healthcare Cardiology software with various hospital medical devices and hospital information systems
- Performing software and/or hardware upgrades to existing Change Healthcare Cardiology systems
- Monitoring, gathering and analyzing data from various product sources and bio-medical literature in order to determine clinical significance of observed events and present findings at company internal and customer forums
- Interpret clinical user requirements and develop/convey engineering specifications to assist product development groups
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher) OR 2+ years of experience in a clinical/biomedical engineering position
- 1+ years of experience in a clinical/biomedical engineering position
- Advanced level of computer proficiency (Windows OS, MS Office, Remote connectivity)
- Ability to pass government background check
- Ability to work 8 hr/day between 7:00am – 9:00pm EST Mon-Fri EST
- Technical support of cardiac hemodynamic monitoring systems
- Master's or Bachelor’s degree (Biomedical Engineering preferred)
- Experience in supporting/educating clinical users on use of bio-medical equipment or clinical technology solutions
- Working understanding of FDA/ISO Quality System regulations
- Familiarity with document / registry standards such as JCAHO, NCDR or STS
- Proven very solid communication, customer service, interpersonal, writing, negotiation and presentation skills
- Proven solid critical thinking skills and hands-on ability to work through symptoms and get to root cause
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and interface effectively with cross-functional groups to define and execute overall requirements
All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Washington or Rhode Island Residents Only: The hourly range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, Washington or New York City residents is $27.07 to $53.08. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- Clinical Works
- Critical Thinking
- Customer Service