To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fargo, ND
- Penny Hanold
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Territory Account Specialist/Merchandiser
Spectrum Brands • Fargo, ND
Posted 1 month ago
Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) is a major manufacturer and supplier of residential locksets, residential builders' hardware, faucets, and commercial locksets and doors, with a portfolio of renowned brands, including Kwikset®, Weiser®, Baldwin®, National Hardware®, Stanley®, FANAL®, Pfister™, EZSET®, and Tell. HHI is a leader in its key markets with #1 positions in U.S. residential locksets (Kwikset), Canada residential locksets (Weiser), U.S. luxury locksets (Baldwin), and U.S. builders' hardware (Stanley-National Hardware), #2 in Mexico residential hardware (Fanal), #3 in U.S. retail plumbing (Pfister), and #1 in U.S. retail commercial locksets. Headquartered in Orange County, California, HHI has a global sales force and operates manufacturing and distribution facilities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Asia. HHI is a division of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc.
If you're a strong salesperson with the drive and desire to build a lucrative book of business by promoting a well-known hardware brand, this is your opportunity to take ownership of a prime territory. This dynamic sales position is responsible for driving top line sales and key customer penetration for a specific territory of National Hardware accounts. Responsibilities will include a variety of sales, merchandising, and marketing activities designed to increase sales and build market share.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
(70%) Drive Sales
- Actively manage and grow established accounts within a large defined territory, as well as develop and close new business.
- Maintain regular and timely call cycle to each existing customer within the territory.
- Identify and prioritize new/prospective customers, and actively pursue opportunities for product placement; competitive conversion of new customers.
- Develop and conduct sales presentations for key customers regarding New Products, Line Expansions, and opportunities for Additional Product Placement.
- Execute competitive category conversion within existing accounts, core National Hardware and ancillary category sales.
(20%) Key Decision Maker Penetration
- Maintain deep customer relationships through in-store product management including face to face meetings.
- Understand each customer's needs to provide real, effective solutions.
- Monthly communication of promotions, events, execution and overall business results.
- Strategic planogram and product placement plan development and execution to maximize product profitability and optimum sell through.
- Consult on reorder points, min/max logic, stock levels & planogram integrity with store management.
(10%) Business Management
- Maintains records according to company guidelines and policies for shipping errors, shortages, and defective products.
- Evaluate, provide analytics for, and manage customer records for assigned accounts including credit approvals and advertising agreements.
- May attend and manage trade shows, regional sales meetings, and support other key initiatives
- May assist corporate office with product evaluation, marketing plans, etc. as requested.
Education and Experience Profile
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field preferred, or relevant years of experience.
- 2+ years sales experience is preferred
- Prior retail / consumer goods experience is preferred
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (Powerpoint, Word, Excel)
- Demonstrated interpersonal & customer centric orientation
- Physical requirement - Must be able to lift 25-30 lbs+
- 90% travel within the territory by automobile or air (as required) to provide service and sales to customers. (approximately 3-4 overnight trips per month)
- Flexible work hours including occasional evenings and/or weekends
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.