General Description of Duties:
Road Drivers are responsible for the pickup and delivery of cargo trailers to and from various long distance destinations. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: coupling and uncoupling trailers from one another and from the tractor, driving for an extended period of time, and performing various tasks ranging from check-in, tractor/trailer inspection, tractor set up and the pickup and delivery of cargo. Actual duties and schedule may vary depending on terminal location.
* Minimum 21 years of age.
* Have 1 year of verifiable tractor/trailer experience (Candidates with less than 1 year experience may be eligible for training).
* Have a Class-A CDL with doubles/triples, tanker and hazardous materials endorsements.
* Have a good stable work record.
* Have a safe driving record (from MVR and previous employment).
* Be able to pass DOT pre-employment drug screen and meet DOT medical requirements.
* This is a casual position and employee must be willing to work evenings, weekends and on an as-needed basis.
* Road Tractors average less than 18 months in age.
* Fully air-conditioned equipment.
* Tractors equipped with power steering.
* Preventive Maintenance Program for all ABF equipment.
* Wages - Teamster Union Scale with over-the-road mileage rate.
Questions about this position?  Email us at Email blocked - click to apply
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact Email blocked - click to apply
or call us at Phone number blocked - click to apply
. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability.
1. mailto:Email blocked - click to apply
Drive Commercial Vehicle