To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lone Star California, CA 93725
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Web Developer I
Apex Systems • Lone Star California, CA
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
If you are interested in this role, please contact JULIA directly: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Title: Web Developer I
Job ID: 32501-1
Estimated contract length: 3 months (possibility for extension)
Position is REMOTE
- Flexible hours - 40 hours per week
- Job is virtual/remote
- Key deliverable is to expand current web platform
- Most of your day will be in creation of the web platform
- High interaction with team members in Seattle, East Coast, and Scotland. Also will partner with sister team on the east coast
- Required experience with both rails and bootstrap
- BS in Web Development, Computer Science
SERVICES TO BE PERFORMED
- Expanding on an existing Ruby on Rails platform to take advantage of current functionality but with a new front-end experience tailored to a larger scope of executive operations managers.
- Expansion to the current product to include a resource library sourcing content from various internal and external web platforms.
- Changes to the current product structure in order to automate content updates across the platform. All work should be created with the intention that non-tech teams will need to maintain the learning content housed within; simplicity and flexibility of updates are important. Ideally, the site is developed to pull in content from a single source to make updates easy, avoiding hard coded content where possible.
- Additional build of new features and functionalities that elevate the customer experience: navigation pop-ups upon first visit to the site, sections of the website formatted so they may be easily printed, integrating existing user-self tracking between an existing system and the front end UX.
- Work closely with the programmer/analysts and data engineer/analysts on our WW team (Network Shared Services) to leverage and integrate existing tools, data infrastructures, and integrate where applicable.
- Build upon current analytical tracking capabilities and format custom reports identified by the leadership team.
- BS or higher in web development, computer science, or related technical field
- 2+ years of experience developing tools/applications/web-based user interfaces
- 2+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails and Bootstrap
- Proficiency in modern web development skills/languages, including HTM, CSS, and JS frameworks (Angular JS, React, etc.)
- Knowledge of front-end fundamentals (e.g., web: client vs. server rendering); enough to make good trade-offs on implementation
- Understanding of web services technologies, such as REST, SOAP, HTTP, and JSON
- Create, support, extend, and enhance usability and functionality of new web-based tools and applications
- Demonstrated ability to design and develop creative, scalable solutions with passion for user experience
- Adopt and promote best practices for web and software development, including code quality, version control, documentation, testing, and deployment
- Elevate the user-experience and overall look-and-feel of existing or new web-based tools
- Strong ability to interact, communicate, present and influence within multiple levels of the organization
- Writes code that is production-quality, tested, and maintainable with minimal defects
- Understands maintenance characteristics, runtime properties, and dependencies in software, including browser and/or device compatibility, accessibility criteria, user hardware platform, operating system, and build dependencies.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178