The General is seeking a Senior IT Project Manager to join our company.
Who We Are
We are one of the fastest growing and most exciting companies in the insurance industry to work for today. We’re proud to say we’ve been in the insurance business for over 50 years.
Because of our rapid rate of expansion, we’re looking for the best talent to help The General® bring quality insurance to people across the country. Ask any of our employees and they’ll tell you that life at The General® is a challenging, fast-paced, exciting experience that offers a competitive total rewards package, healthy work/life balance and an exciting working environment.
You’ll gain crucial insights from your potential coworkers who bring different backgrounds and professional experiences to The General®. You’ll also find there are plenty of opportunities for advancement, if you’ve got the ambition. The work culture at The General® is one that celebrates diversity, team spirit, and good old-fashioned hard work.
What You’ll Do
As the Senior IT Project Manager, you will coordinate IT and business projects through to completion. You will maintain overall project momentum by monitoring the project accomplishments, quickly addressing issues, and by driving the project forward to key milestones. You will manage many different types of projects including software delivery projects and infrastructure projects with both internal and vendor resources. You will lead major multi-faceted, multi-vendor, multi-discipline projects that require considerable knowledge of the business. Responsibilities include:
- Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Work with resource managers to ensure that resource needs are defined and the appropriate resources are estimated and assigned to project tasks
- Create a project estimated spend during the envisioning phase (including internal and external effort) by working with the various project stakeholders to create rough order of magnitude effort estimates, external spend estimates as appropriate
- Create and administer the project budget, which includes both hours and dollar estimates and track actual vs. budget results throughout the project lifecycle
- Work with the delivery team (usually IT) and the testing team (usually QA) to ensure that any product/project delivered into production is as bug free as possible
- Conduct project review meetings as necessary
- Minimize PGC’s exposure and risk on any project
- Conduct end of project follow up reviews to ensure that project value is realized
- Review vendor contracts and holds vendors accountable for delivery
- Lead the project sponsorship meetings and make presentations as necessary to boards of directors and senior management to sell the project, to bring serious issues to them with solutions, to provide status and to make recommendations around additional funding and/or project shutdown
Who You Are
You possess a level of business acumen, professionalism and leadership ability that earns the trust of associates. You have the proven ability to communicate clearly across all levels of leadership, both verbally and in writing. You have a keen ability to lead cross-functional project teams, influence decisions, and facilitate problem solving. You have working knowledge of all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle. You bring some previous knowledge of non-standard automobile insurance systems. You bring some previous knowledge of Microsoft Project and Visio.
You hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a computer related field. Preferably, you hold a PMP certification. You bring 10+ years of experience with business analysis, project delivery, and/or project management.
Systems Development Life Cycle
Software Development Life Cycle