Best People + Right Culture. These are the driving forces behind JE Dunn's success.
By hiring inspired people, giving them interesting and challenging work, enabling them with innovative tools, and letting them share in the company's rewards, we've found a sustainable way to grow in our industry for the last 90+ years.
Our diverse teams around the country strive to enrich lives through inspired people and places every day, and we need inspired people like you to join us in our pursuit of building perfection.
The Superintendent 1 will help plan, manage and execute all aspects of assigned projects. This position will be responsible for managing material and equipment, assisting with people management, ensuring documentation is complete and meeting project goals to achieve timely and profitable completion of each project. All activities will be performed in support of the strategy, vision and values of JE Dunn.
* Autonomy and Decision Making: Makes decisions within defined limits of authority and consults supervisor on other decisions.
* Career Path: Superintendent 2.
Key Role Responsibilities - Core
SUPERINTENDENT FAMILY - CORE
* Leads all aspects of the company's safety culture and creates awareness by demonstrating commitment to an injury-free environment through individual actions and mentoring others. Investigates safety incidents and retrains staff and needed.
* Provides management of subcontractors and organization of the overall job and workflow.
* Manages and oversees company staff, subcontractors, suppliers and programs such as Safety, Quality and EEOC for a small project or a major portion of a larger project.
* Develops work plans for subcontractors and self-performed work.
* Coordinates and manages the care, custody and control of the project site.
* Leads various meetings including daily standup and weekly trade meetings.
* Attends, manages and participates in appropriate progress and/or project OAC meetings.
* Creates, manages, changes and implements the project's schedule as needed, in conjunction with the Project Manager.
* May be responsible for tracking and monitoring project budget and costs by using the project management system's cost reports and data from the project manager.
* Communicates key project information to owners, design team, governing authorities, subcontractors, suppliers and other departments.
* Follows the project filing and documentation organization system as dictated for the project. Updates drawings, logs, diaries and inspection notebooks.
* Approves and/or records unit cost information for weekly reports and completes daily reports, logs and tracking reports.
* Evaluates progress on self-perform work and make adjustments as needed.
* Manages material and equipment needs for the project.
* Supports the MOC (Material and Other Costs) and DLSC (Dunn Logistics Service Center) procurement and approval processes.
* Assists in the selection of the formwork, tools and equipment necessary to complete self-perform operations.
* Manages timecard approval process to ensure reporting of accurate hours and proper cost codes.
* Ensures quality compliance through use of specifications, setting quality standards, in-house QA/QC and outside resources.
* Supports the project closeouts by supervising pre-punch activities and coordinating activities with the owner, architect and governing authorities.
* Gains understanding of the project pursuit process and methodology.
* Participates with the field operations leadership and the project team to put together a project pre plan; implements, monitors and adjusts as needed throughout the project lifecycle.
* Partners with field leadership to establish field staffing for their assigned project.
* Partners with project management to identify schedule and costs associated with project changes.
* Participates in the negotiation process with the owner and architect to gain agreement for project changes.
* Participates with the project team in preparation and presentation for all project review meetings, including the monthly review process and other key project meetings.
* Participates in the project buy out meetings with subcontractors and vendors.
* Understands and applies the terms and conditions of the owner and subcontractor contracts for the project.
* Responsible for identifying and recruiting top talent.
* Leads, supports and promotes a culture of diversity and inclusion within JE Dunn. Understands JE Dunn's policy of non-discrimination and ensures positive, proactive implementation throughout the organization.
Key Role Responsibilities - Additional Core
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a timely manner.
* Communication skills, verbal and written (Intermediate).
* Ability to conduct effective presentations.
* Proficiency in MS Office (Intermediate).
* Ability to apply fundamentals of the means and methods of construction management to projects.
* Knowledge of project processes and how each supports the successful completion of a project.
* Ability to build relationships with team members that transcend a project.
* Proficiency in project management and accounting software.
* Proficiency in required JE Dunn construction technology.
* Proficiency in scheduling software.
* Ability to apply Lean process and philosophy.
* Demonstrated knowledge of specific trades and scopes of work (Intermediate).
* Demonstrated knowledge of self-perform and labor productivity.
* Ability to manage budgets, maximize profitability and generate future work through building relationships.
* Knowledge of organizational structure and available resources.
* Knowledge of layout skill (Intermediate).
* Knowledge of crane flagging and rigging (Intermediate).
* Ability to understand document changes and impact to the project schedule.
* Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team, internally and externally.
* High School Diploma or GED.
* Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering or related field (Preferred).
* 3+ years construction experience.
* 1+ years field supervision experience.
* Must be able to lift at least to 50 pounds
* May require periods of travel and/or relocation
* May be exposed to extreme conditions (hot or cold)
* Must be willing to work non-traditional hours to meet project needs
* Frequent activity: Standing, Walking, Climbing, Bending, Reaching above Shoulder, Pushing, Pulling
* Occasional activity: Sitting, Viewing Computer Screen
JE Dunn Construction is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and it is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. JE Dunn Construction is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
JE Dunn provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a job, please submit your request to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Superintendent - Healthcare Construction
JE Dunn Construction Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of JE Dunn Construction without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of JE Dunn Construction Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Why People Work Here
At JE Dunn we offer our employees an inspired place to enrich their life and the lives of those around them
Building on our rich history, our employee owners are shaping the future of JE Dunn. In our team-focused environment we do life together and are generously rewarded for our efforts
About JE Dunn
Founded in 1924, JE Dunn Construction is a family and employee-owned general contractor with expertise in construction management services, design-build, and integrated project delivery. We deliver transformational solutions to our clients with certainty of results in our pursuit of building perfection. Facts
* 90+ Years of Construction Experience
* 22 office locations coast-to-coast
* Annual revenues in excess of $4 billion
* Consistently ranked Top 25 of the 400 largest general contractors nationwide by Engineering News-Record
* Consistently ranked Top 15 for domestic building by Engineering News-Record
* 2500+ Employee Owners work at JE Dunn
"EEO is the Law" POSTER
"EEO is the Law" SUPPLEMENT
JE Dunn participates in the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
E-Verify Participation (English and Spanish)
Right to Work (English)
Right to Work (Spanish)
- Accounting Software
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Construction Engineering
- Construction Management