Belmont Behavioral Hospital is a premiere provider of comprehensive treatment for mental health conditions and substance abuse problems. Having been in operation for over 75 years as one of the most prominent providers of behavioral healthcare treatment services, Belmont is proud to offer high quality and specialized programming options for children, adolescents, adults, and older adults who are suffering from psychiatric concerns and chemical dependency.
Belmont Behavioral Hospital currently has an opening for a PRN Per Diem Maintenance Assistant (Maintenance Mechanic), in our Plant Operations Department.
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for performing the day to day functions of plant operations, completion of preventative maintenance, locating sources of mechanical and equipment problems, removing and adjusting defective parts. Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories. Prepares and maintains mechanical maintenance charts and reports as required. Stocking, cleans, and maintains maintenance department. Responsible for providing team support within all departments and excellence in quality customer service. Responsible for knowing, understanding, and adhering to company and department safety policies and procedures. Works in a safe manner whenever on company property. Immediately reports safety problems to supervisor or a manager. Attends all company safety training's. Reports any work-related injury or illness to supervisor immediately and prior to the end of the scheduled shift.
- Will ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Will locate sources of problems by observing mechanical equipment in operation.
- Will remove and/or replace defective parts by dismantling using hand or power tools.
- Will maintain equipment, parts and supplies inventories by checking stock and informing supervisor when stock is low.
- Will maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Will perform HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry and painting repairs as necessary.
- Will complete all mechanical room logs/call log book each day.
- Will perform preventative maintenance as necessary.
- Will complete and turn in all work orders in a timely manner.
- Will respond quickly in the event of an emergency and notify appropriate personnel and follow safety protocol.
- Performs and helps with Snow Removal.
- Shift Mechanics will answer radio calls and round all mechanical rooms daily.
The ideal candidate will:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Two to five years working in Maintenance preferred.
- Experienced in operating a variety of equipment, including snow blowers, plow and power tools.
- Able to work well with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and follow specified procedures.
- Diseases And Disorders
- Mechanical Engineering