A global leader in the manufacturing industry is seeking a skilled Materials Manager who will be responsible for analyzing, planning, and managing the flow of products. This individual will be responsible for ensuring products are provided to customers according to schedule and develop/implement strategies to control inventory while meeting customer expectations.
The Materials Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing and preparing division inventory
- Track changing business activity, quality, and inventory levels
- Limit division exposure to excess inventory
- Adjust inventory levels to avoid potential for backlog
- Provide forecasts of materials and production needs necessary
- Develop scheduling to establish weekly, monthly, and long term production cycles
- Embrace and promote LEAN practices
A qualified candidate will possess the following,
- 7+ years experience in production control & purchasing
- Previous experience operating in fabrication commodity markets and managing teams/direct reports as well as daily operations
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, materials management or similar practice
- Understanding of ERP systems for inventory management (SAP Preferred)
The ideal candidate for this role will be one that seeks a company offering vast career growth opportunities internally.
Please apply directly.