The Regional Sales Manager (Northeast) will implement the SP Scienceware strategic sales plan to successfully achieve assigned sales objectives. The incumbent will be responsible for growing sales to end-users through distribution partners, new product introductions, and account relations. More specifically, the incumbent will establish an account coverage plan to ensure consistent and productive sales activity. The coverage plan will include coordinating efficient and timely coverage of targeted accounts through our distribution partner networks and direct contact with end users. The Regional Sales Manager will also be responsible for tracking account progress using a combination of field visits, phone calls, and emails to grow sales. These activities will be entered into a contact database and synchronized on a regular basis. As a member of the sales team, the incumbent will be called upon to develop an annual sales plan with monthly forecasts for their assigned accounts, while also assisting periodically in responsibilities outside his/her geographic boundaries for the overall success of SP Industries.
BA or BS degree or equivalent job experience and a working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office are required. Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics is a plus. A minimum of 5 years of outside sales experience selling consumables and small equipment to the life science market through distributors. A valid driver’s license accompanying a good driving record is required. Expected travel of 50%.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet or exceed all Sales Plans/Targets for assigned accounts.
- Establish and manage territory distributors field promotion activity.
- Maintain strong relationships with current direct customers and distribution partners.
- Develop and maintain a territory coverage plan allowing for timely coverage of key accounts and distribution partners. Account activities must be entered and tracked within contact database.
- Develop a working knowledge of SP Scienceware products.
- Develop a working knowledge of competitors.
- Become proficient in all current sales, marketing, and administrative tools, including computers and software.
- Attend selected distribution partners shows within territory (show coverage is expected to be selective and when a decision is made to attend, leads developed must be tracked through contact database with follow-up to close them.)
- Performs special projects as requested.
- Presents territory plan in fully prepared and complete fashion.
- Ensures execution of territory plan in timely fashion.
- Enters activities into contact database and provides requested reports in fully prepared, complete, and timely fashion.
MOTIVATES & COMMUNICATES:
- Maintains good working relationship with company members, distribution partners and customers.
- Develops superior quality image and communicates that to distribution partners and customers.
- Communicates improvements, opportunities, new product ideas, competitive activities, and obstacles on an as needed basis through supervisor and/or marketing department.
PROFESSIONALISM & INTEGRITY:
EEO and Affirmative Action Statement:
- As a member of our SP Team, work to enhance a professional and dignified image in all contact and communication with SP Industries’ personnel, distribution partners and customers.
- Maintain professional integrity in all work related situations.
- Continually take steps to develop and improve personal skills and knowledge, beyond what is provided or required.
SP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis and takes affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunities. It is our policy to provide our employees and applicants with equal employment opportunities in accordance with applicable laws and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, marital status, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, political belief, pregnancy, citizenship, handicap or disability, status as a veteran or member of the U.S. military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SP's Affirmative Action Plan is available through the HR Department and may be accessed during normal business hours.Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:
SP will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.