To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hickory, NC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Physical Therapist / PT - Home Healthcare - Full Time
Interim HealthCare of Hickory • Hickory, NC
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Physical therapy services are provided for the purpose of treating impairments, functional limitations, disabilities or changes in physical function and health status. The treatment and intervention provided is in accordance with the patient’s plan of care, accepted professional standards of physical therapy practice, applicable law and regulation, as well as applicable Interim HealthCare policies and procedures.
- Assist the physician or other licensed practitioner in evaluating the level of patient function and performance and equipment needs as well as in developing the resulting plan of care/treatment including appropriate long and short term treatment goals, selection of interventions, and the intensity, frequency and duration of services to meet the needs of an individual patient.
- Completes initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments at appropriate time points as assigned.
- Provide interventions and therapeutic treatment in accordance with the physician certified plan of care and physical therapy professional standards of practice.
- Regularly assess changes in the patient’s status since the last visit/treatment day, and determine whether the planned services should be modified, performing a re-evaluation and obtaining revision orders from the physician as indicated.
- Advise and consult with the family and/or other caregivers to promote the patient progress toward mutually agreed upon goals and planning for discharge.
- Participates in educating the patient and the family, and other caregivers to promote patient progress toward mutually established goals.
- Actively communicate with other members of the interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary healthcare team providing care to the patient to promote coordination of care.
- Prepare and submit legible, relevant and sufficient documentation - whether written or electronic - of treatment and skilled intervention provided, as well as report of a patient’s progress toward goals in accordance with professional standards of practice, policy and procedures, and payor requirements.
- Participates in quality and performance improvement measures
- Participate in in-services or training, as requested.
- Able to perform CPR, per organization-specific policy.
- Supervise professional and paraprofessional staff, as assigned, including physical therapist assistants.
- Read and interpret technical instructions related to the care of the patient and use of equipment in providing such care.
- Visually and aurally observe and assess the patient.
- Perform and prioritize multiple functions or tasks to effectively deal with multiple changes based on patient need and scheduling.
- Travel within geographic area serviced by the home care or hospice.
- Complete other assignments as requested and assigned.
- Meet the health requirements to provide patient care per applicable law or regulation.
- Access, use and disclose personal health information (PHI) as necessary to fulfill patient care duties and responsibilities and as defined by each organization.
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Free Education Courses
- Flexible Assignments to fit your needs
Interim HealthCare is America's leading provider of home care, hospice and healthcare staffing. We offer one of the most comprehensive selections of career opportunities in the industry ranging from per diem to full-time.
If you're looking for a stable career opportunity, look no further. We offer the freedom of a flexible work schedule combined with the security of working for an established company. Nationally, Interim HealthCare has been providing great jobs to great people for over 45 years and there are more than 300 offices across the country. That kind of stability combined with our commitment to integrity makes us your perfect career partner.
Interim HealthCare® is an equal opportunity employer who does not discriminate against applicants, employees or clients on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other category protected by the law, or patients' decisions regarding advance directives. Each Interim HealthCare office is independently owned and operated. Not all services are available at all offices. ©2015 Interim HealthCare Inc.
- Current licensure or certification as a physical therapist in the state(s) in which he or she will practice, unless licensure or certification does not exist.
- A graduate of an accredited physical therapy education program or equivalent as recognized by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA).
- In the last five (5) years, two (2) years of experience as a physical therapist that is relevant to the patient population assigned.