Do you have a special skill and passion for supporting people? Do you believe that we are better together by including everyone?
The Lead Direct Support Professional role requires both attention to detail and creativity because you are serving as both a life coach and personal support agent. While providing supervision and support, the Lead Direct Support Professional also provides the opportunity for each individual to develop and grow toward greater independence.
Joining our team at KenCrest can be fulfilling if you enjoy advocating and helping people who have difficulty communicating for themselves. This role can be rewarding if you like creating activities and experiences for individuals to get to know others in the community.
This opportunity is for caring and energetic people who are determined to find ways to help people with intellectual or physical disabilities live more fulfilling lives.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Assisting individuals with activities of daily living (examples are personal care, meals and medication).
- Encouraging individuals to participate in community activities.
- Handling general housekeeping tasks and meal preparation.
- Valid driver's license and acceptable motor vehicle record, required
- Clear criminal record, background checks, and drug test in accordance with state requirements, required
- Ability to convey, understand, and follow spoken and written instructions in English, required
- Strong Communication skills, required
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, required
- 3-5 years of experience supporting individuals with autism and intellectual disabilities, preferred
Shift Schedule: wk1 M-Tu 3p-11p, S&S 9a-9p wk2 M-F 3p-11p
Hourly Rate: $15.00