To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Phoenix, AZ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Government Health Plan/Managed Care Financial Consultant
MARSH & MCLENNAN COMPANIES, INC • Phoenix, AZ
Posted 11 days ago
Mercer’s Government Human Services Consulting (GHSC) practice focuses on the unique and challenging needs of the public health care sector, providing a wide array of consulting services to local, state, and federal government agencies across the country. GHSC specializes in helping governments shape tomorrow’s health programs. GHSC has been partnering with states and other stakeholder organizations for over 30 years to support health care programs for the low-income and most vulnerable populations in this country.
To accomplish these challenging and exciting tasks, GHSC brings together a team of highly-skilled and dedicated consultants, clinicians, actuaries, analysts, accountants and pharmacists across four offices in Phoenix, Minneapolis, Atlanta and Washington DC to ensure a coordinated approach to the administrative, clinical, operational, actuarial, and financial components of public-sponsored health care programs.
To learn more about Mercer’s GHSC practice, please visit www.mercer-government.mercer.com.
The Senior Government Health Plan/Managed Care Financial Consultant will lead consulting work involving the review and analysis of Medicaid health plan reported performance. This role will also use expertise to provide the technical review of data, manage tasks and deadlines and is a resource for the client.
To fulfill this role, the Senior Government Health Plan/Managed Care Financial Consultant can expect to:
- Analyze and financial and other interpret reports submitted by Medicaid health plans
- Design procedures to validate operational performance metrics and accuracy of financial data and oversee the performance of those procedures
- Prepare analyses related to the financial and operational performance of Medicaid health plans
- Project manage multiple tasks on different projects simultaneously to include the following: design project work flow and assign project tasks to staff; manage the quality and timeliness of project deliverables
- Draft project communications and present results and analysts to clients and key stakeholders. During presentations, answer detailed and challenging questions
- Direct the work of employees in a team and/or coach/mentor others
Qualified candidates for a Government Health Care Financial Consultant position will have:
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum seven years of health plan/ managed care industry experience required
- Thorough understanding of general health care concepts, government health and welfare field preferred
- Strong critical thinking and analytical problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Ability to lead teams to deliver project objectives
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Audit experience and/or health plan accounting experience preferred
Our client focus, integrity, expertise, and innovation are why clients choose Mercer. Employees choose Mercer for career growth, as well as the opportunity to assist clients in providing efficient and innovative ways to deliver vital health care services. Projects include helping clients navigate the Affordable Care Act, program design for innovative models of health care, analyzing health care costs and trends, and assessing quality incentives and strategies to improve overall managed care program effectiveness. Mercer’s stimulating and learning‑filled environment helps build strong relationships with colleagues and our clients.
Mercer is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V.
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement, and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth, and performance of their most vital asset — their people. Mercer's more than 22,000 employees are based in more than 40 countries, and we operate in more than 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and human capital.
Built on a history of industry leadership that began more than 70 years ago, Mercer helps organizations leverage the power of their people to achieve peak company performance. We work with clients today on current business issues: meeting the challenges of globalization, responding to emerging skill shortages and driving top-line revenue growth. We design strategies that link executive compensation to business goals, manage escalating benefit and pension costs while preserving employee engagement, and deliver on the expectations sought in mergers and acquisitions by successfully integrating diverse workforces. Working with chief executives and HR leaders, our consultants help leverage our clients’ greatest resource — their employees.
Mercer GHSC is a specialty practice within Mercer’s Health business. Mercer’s Health business has the world’s largest and most influential benefits brokerage and consulting capabilities. We strategize with clients of all sizes and industries to find benefits solutions that fit their needs. We provide the optimal combination of local-market knowledge and nationally driven best practices. Our innovations translate into superior benefits for clients and distinguish Mercer in the marketplace.
Mercer is in a unique position to help our clients achieve the extraordinary — and extraordinary results require extraordinary people. If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about ideas, love solving problems and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the career opportunities available through Mercer. Our competitive programs, entrepreneurial spirit and team-oriented culture offer a richly rewarding and exciting environment where you can excel and achieve your professional goals.
To learn more about Mercer, visit us at www.mercer.com