To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- El Segundo, CA 90245
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Career Opportunities at Nelson • El Segundo, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Job Number: 2133786
El Segundo, CA
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Staff Accountant to learn and grow within our fast-paced environment. The Senior Staff Accountant will be key to supporting the company during expansion and make a direct impact on the period-end close process, additional accounting process and system implementations. This role offers a tremendous opportunity to gain experience with a growing company and will work closely with the Controller and have exposure across multiple divisions and leaders.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Perform various month end close tasks for 10 related companies
- Assist in preparation of month-end financial statements and management reporting package
- Perform detailed analysis of inventory (activity, pricing, forecasts, COGS)
- Perform detailed analysis of revenue and related credit card processing
- Prepare and post journal entries for various month end accruals
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations
- Reconcile inter-company accounts
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Reconcile company's bank and credit card accounts
- Review expenses are coded to the correct accounts
- Prepare information for sales tax and income tax returns
- Assist with various financial analyses, as requested
- Assist with upcoming inventory tracking system implementation
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 3+ years of related experience in general accounting
- Strong GAAP knowledge, CPA preferred
- Excellent Excel skills and Quickbooks experience preferred
- Attention to detail, strong analytical skills
- Experience working in a multi-company environment and ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
If you're looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you're in the right place. Benefits and perks include:
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Packages!
- Casual Work Attire!
- Pet Friendly Office!
- Catered Tuesday Lunch!
- Company Outings and Events!
For Confidential consideration, please send the most up to date copy of your resume as well as your salary requirements and the best number on which to contact you
For more than 45 years, we've been passionate about helping people find jobs they love - rewarding jobs that further career goals. At Nelson, we partner with companies that have outstanding reputations. Working with innovative startups to Fortune 500 companies, our skilled recruiters have access to opportunities beyond what you can find on your own. With Nelson, you'll get the most out of your career. Together, we'll set career goals and find you a position where your skills shine. For a full listing of jobs, go to: www.nelsonjobs.com http://www.nelsonjobs.com/ and click "Find Work."