Together we can make a difference
At Getinge we are dedicated and passionate about helping our customers save lives and ensure excellent care. We provide innovations for operating rooms, intensive-care units, sterilization departments and for life science companies and institutions. Our portfolio combines well-known product brands such as Maquet, Pulsion, Atrium, Lancer and Datascope – just to name a few.
A career at Getinge will provide career opportunities that both inspire and challenge. Here, you can make a difference every day.
This position is responsible for the design of mechanical medical devices and they will serve as a member of the project team. The engineer will perform detailed mechanical design, test and documentation under supervision of senior engineers. They will also support and work directly with senior level engineers.
Getinge-Pleasanton is an Incubator style start-up division of Getinge Group. This is a unique oportunity for an early career individual to wear many hats and be mentored by Medical Device Industry veterans.
- Design, draft, prototype, assemble, feasibility test, and final verification testing of mechanical designs and components under supervision of senior engineers.
- Perform 3D printing, manual and CNC machining commensurate with this level of engineer under supervision of senior engineers.
- Prepare documents including requirements, design specifications and detailed test protocols/reports in accordance with the quality system.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of fundamental mechanical engineering theory
- High level of mechanical intuition (how things work)
- Very hands-on and proficiency with CAD software such as SolidWorks
- Experience with programming languages
- Experience creating requirements and performing fundamental mechanical design
- Comfortable creating mechanical test protocols and execution
- Basic knowledge of mechanical engineering practices and the use of engineering tools to analyze and document a design
- Some exposure to industry standard test equipment
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team
- Ability to communicate within the discipline and with others who are not as technically trained
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be willing to participate in preclinical testing and or cadaver labs
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology and
- 1 year relevant experience or Applicable internships or
- AAS in Mechanical Engineering Technology with minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
Getinge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you share our passion and believe that saving lives is the greatest job in the world, then we look forward to receiving your application. We hope you will join us on our journey to become the world’s most desired medtech company.
Solid Works (Cad)
Computer Aided Design
Computer Numerical Control (Cnc)