To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
200 Guardian Avenue
Morehead, KY 40351
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Manufacturing Operations Manager
Guardian Industries • Morehead, KY
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Who is Guardian Industries?
When you are looking at a city’s skyline or the grilles on the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency.
And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives!
SRG Global is seeking you to become our next Manufacturing Operations Manager at our Morehead, Kentucky operations!A Day In The Life Typically Includes
- Direct supervision and leadership of Department Managers, Maintenance, Production Control, and Customer Service.
- Manage all aspects of the manufacturing facility.
- Provide guidance to teams to ensure continuous improvement in manufacturing processes, while maintaining operating budgets.
- Enhance and foster Market Based Management.
- Set the focus of the plant vision on innovation to create long term value and sustainability.
- Utilize plant KPI’s to monitor plant performance and drive continuous improvement to exceed business plan targets.
- Coach, train, and institute process controls to make a cost-effective, quality products.
- Establish and maintain a positive employee relations climate.
- Participates on the Management Team in reviewing the EMS.
- Model and implement the following concepts: Empowerment and Teamwork; TPS leadership philosophy and human resources practices; kaizen; standardized work; PDCA and problem solving; 5S; quality improvement tools.
- Implement JIT production tools including: Value Stream Mapping, lead-time reduction, set-up time reduction, process flow improvement, small lot production, heijunka, and kanban.
- Implement and measure effective training and development programs for all levels in the operation
- Demonstrate on a consistent basis the MBM Guiding Principles and humility/discipline to achieve personal improvement.
- Embrace change and lead standardization and best practice implementations with engineering, tooling, gauge engineering, program management, and others to develop seamless product or process development.
- Demonstrates commitment to continual improvement of production performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or similar discipline is required.
- Candidates should have 7+ yrs. experience as a leader in operations, quality, development, program management, and engineering in a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Strong motivation and history to develop personnel to full potential.
- Promote and drive improvements in internal and/or external flawless launch processes and systems.
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Automotive experience and/or preferable decorative exterior trim Tier I position
- Strong knowledge of plastic injection molding, plating, painting, assembly, part design, and tooling
- A change agent: a strategic and innovative thinker who lives a “fail fast, fail cheap” mindset
- An entrepreneurial, inquisitive mindset focused on developing “the next big thing”
- Comfortable with ambiguity and driven to resolve it
- A true team player, capable of engaging in an effective, respectful challenge process
What do we have to offer?
If you have been looking for an environment where people are valued, entrepreneurial spirit is boundless and opportunities for success are based on merit, and if you want to add value to your company, then Guardian Industries may be the place for you.