Note: If you are CURRENTLY employed at Children's and/or have an active badge or network access, STOP here. Submit your application via Workday using the Career App (Find Jobs).
Shift Start Time
Shift End Time
Being an employee at Children's is more than just protocols and medication rounds-it's knowing when a hug is the most important thing in the world to a child. It's knowing that sometimes laughter really is the best medicine. But, most important, it's giving patients and families exactly the care they need, when they need it.
To plan, implement and evaluate the provision of high-quality medical care, with appropriate resource management, to children and adolescents in the respective clinical area.
Candidates must be board certified or eligible in pediatric neurology and must demonstrate excellent qualifications in education and clinical care. Academic rank will be commensurate with experience and training.
Experience in respective clinical area
* Graduate of an accredited, four-year medical school.
* Graduate of an accredited, post-graduate residency program in Pediatric Neurology.
* Board Eligible/Board certified
* Licensed to practice medicine in the state of Georgia
* Current DEA registration
* BLS certification is required. PALS certification
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with patients and families and as a team member.
Meets eligibility requirements for credentialing as part of the Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Professional Staff.
Demonstrates the following skills in accomplishing job duties and responsibilities:
* Personal organization and time management
* Human relations and teamwork
* Personal adaptability
* Personal motivation
* Provides patient care within the respective clinical area which complies with the Professional Staff Bylaws, rules and regulations and Children's policies and procedures.
* Participates in and incorporates Quality Improvement and research findings into practice.
* Provides and/or serves as a resource for patient/family and staff education.
* Educate and assist trainees with medical decision making.
* Provides an authenticated report of all physician services rendered and maintains accurate and complete records in an acceptable manner.
* Completes necessary documentation and ensures timely communication to facilitate patient care and appropriate reimbursement.
* Actively responds to patient and clinical staff questions and requests.
* Participates in meetings/activities as required to support operations of the clinical area.
* Participates in activities that enhance professional development, complete and maintain certification in BLS, PALS, or NALS and maintains any additional specialty training/certifications as required by the area assigned.
* Performs other responsibilities as required.
Primary Location Address
1400 Tullie Rd NE
- Basic Life Support
- Clinical Works
- Decision Making
- Health Care