Provide an exceptional sales experience via phone on client-specific issues while accurately capturing all related information in the proper database. Identify customers needs and giveing a sales oriented solution to customer problems. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, responds to customer questions and solves problems according to standardized procedures while maintaining a courteous manner.
- Delivers quality customer service and builds relationships with prospective customers.
- Receives calls from prospective customers and explains service offered.
- Informs current and prospective customers of promotions and new or upgraded products.
- Quotes prices and encourages customers to buy.
- Explains product options, related charges and mandatory disclosures clearly and concisely.
- Uses product information, client tools, scripting, and rebuttals to overcome resistance.
- Secures and places orders.
- Handles difficult and/or sensitive questions and emotional customers while maintaining professional demeanor.
- Enters relevant customer payment information into computer database system.
- Accesses account files, takes orders and processes orders.
- Asks appropriate questions and gathers information to determine customer needs.
- Over the phone, demonstrates professional grammar, tone, and volume. Uses proper sentence structure, positive language and transitions. Uses effective listening, questioning and call control techniques.
- Handles challenging calls and situations with sensitivity, escalating when appropriate following standard procedures. Is respectful of customers' culture, age, and other characteristics.
- When communicating in writing, composes professional correspondence, demonstrating good writing skills, courtesy, and technical acumen.
- Asks effective questions and gathers information to determine the source of problems and specific customer needs. When appropriate, uses sales experience and skills to recommend appropriate services and/or retain customers.
- Logs on/off customer care systems and accesses account files. Follows policies and processes to maintain confidentiality and security of customer information.
- Enters alpha and numeric data accurately into an automated system using a keyboard.
- Accurately captures all customer and issue-specific information in the proper database.
- Has experience using computers, the Internet, and various Web browsers. Uses multiple client tools, client-specific reference materials, scripting, advanced technical knowledge, customer service skills and problem-solving skills to diagnose and resolve customer problems.
- Stays current with latest technology changes, client-specific policies, and promotions.
- Acts as a liaison between the customer and client departments including Accounts Receivable, Customer Service and escalations teams.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to qualify for performing the job. Education and/or Experience:
Minimum high school diploma or equivalent. One year sales/collections experience. One year certificate from technical school or one year related experience and/or training or equivalent combination. Sales experience preferred. Language Skills:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to compose professional correspondence, including email. Ability to effectively present technical information clearly and concisely. Mathematical Skills:
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute percentages. Reasoning Ability:
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to isolate root cause according to prescribed set of guidelines, matching solution to identified issues. Computer Skills:
Ability to listen and respond while keying into automated system. Ability to thoroughly learn client-specific software and hardware. Able to accurately type 25 wpm. General technology knowledge including basic Internet navigation, email applications and mobile devices, including Bluetooth connectivity. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
All Telvista jobs are contingent upon the ability to pass client-specific background check requirements and drug test.
Call Center Processes