To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boston, MA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
VP of IT Business Solutions
ExecuNet • Boston, MA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The VP of IT Business Solutions is responsible for building strong business relationships to drive prioritized IT portfolio comprised of projects and programs. The VP will lead a team of IT product owners, data, and the digital teams for enabling technology solutions for sales, marketing, customer service, medical management, claims operations, provider network management, and other administrative departments.
The VP will drive consistency in defining business needs, as-is and to-be process definitions, requirements, analysis, solution design, delivery, and quality assurance functions. The leader will support technology and data strategy, implementation and operations, enabling cross-functional synergies across technology groups, managing outsourcing relationships, and coordinating with line-of-business leaders to understand needs and coordinate anticipated technology and product changes.
- Drives IT product design, data needs, and quality criteria of all technology needs of the business – and holds direct reports accountable for supporting these efforts.
- Develops a prioritized portfolio and manages the portfolio to a delivery schedule, with input from the business and direct reports, and in coordination with the product engineering team.
- Coordinates with business unit heads and service managers/owners to develop and implement an IT portfolio strategy based on strategic business objectives. Holds direct reports accountable for implementing the strategy.
- Works with IT technology leaders to build anticipated technology needs while managing an active technology portfolio of prioritized business needs.
- Determines the further scope of integration of various cross-functional initiatives and brokers consensus among executive leaders to implement it
- Advises business units and line-of-business leaders on exploiting new technologies
- Works with a matrix of peers to drive technology implementation that includes infrastructure, security, and product engineering.
- Proactively manage and optimize IT budgets to drive efficiency and quality.
- Oversees the creation of a framework for evaluating technologies, making sourcing decisions, and creating scalable vendor management processes
- Oversees the demands of the business to meet strategic planning, talent management, IT budget management, performance management, communication, and functional coordination goals
- Oversees the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of enterprise data while improving on innovations, digital transformation and growth.
- Oversees the development of appropriate governance frameworks and mechanisms for the effective use of information and technology to create value and manage risk
- Maintains and forms alliances with recognized experts and with decision makers
Partners with a wide circle of contacts, often globally, involving them in generating mutually beneficial long-term opportunities and in negotiating win-win outcomes
- Represents the organization on strategic issues impacting multiple organizations, the community and the professional field
- Continually measures the organization's performance against the best-in-class peer group, and sets a vision and plan to exceed those benchmarks
- Takes measured risks in investing enterprise resources in significant initiatives that transform organizational processes and/or practices to comply with world-class standards of practice
Strategic Technology Planning:
- Guidance and advisor to the CIO on innovations and emerging companies that can partner with the company.
- Steers enterprise initiatives that support the technology strategy
- Allocates and aligns resources to meet the objectives of the plan
- Partners with senior enterprise leaders to integrate the strategic technology plan with the enterprise's long-term plans
- Leads formal multilevel direct-report teams and informal cross-functional teams
- Gains members' input to and sets the team's vision, goals and strategic plan
- Allocates functional roles, levels of accountabilities and strategic assignments
- Coaches, mentors and trains new and existing team members in influencing leadership and other stakeholders, as well as organizational, industry/business, behavioral and technical skills
- Leads team strategy and planning meetings, conferences, and organization wide meetings
Reporting to the CIO, the VP is a member of the IT leadership team. The VP partners with various business units to develop and implement all technology solutions and identify strategies to optimize and grow various lines of business.
The VP will be responsible for the IT products and solution design and quality assurance (product owners), digital transformation, and data management teams led by department directors. The VP is responsible for building strong relationships with line of business leaders to understand the needs and coordinate anticipated technology and product changes. The leader is accountable for optimizing performance by identifying new opportunities in process improvements, individually and through the leader’s direct reports. As with all senior leaders, from time to time, the VP is required to represent the company, and must have broad knowledge of all aspects of the business.
The IT Business Solutions team will be accountable for product ownership, specifications, and quality. The IT business solutions team will work with a matrix of technology implementation teams to drive highest quality of technology solutions.
Business Enterprise Knowledge:
- Sponsors enterprise wide initiatives
- Defines strategic imperatives in terms of the links between increased value, enterprise needs and technological solutions
- Procures support and funding from the leading stakeholders in the enterprise
- Explains complex relationships and technological solutions in terms that meet the needs of affected parties
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Master’s Degree in the healthcare domain is a plus.
- 10+ years of experience
- Fifteen or more years of insurance and healthcare business experience, ideally in business management, IT management and digital transformation.
- Ten or more years of progressive leadership experience in leading cross-functional teams and enterprise wide programs, operating and influencing effectively across the organization and within complex contexts
- Preferably five or more years of experience in informational intensive industries or advanced enterprises – preferably Healthcare, Insurance, and Retail.
- Managing large-scale product implementations such as claims, care management, digital transformation programs.
- Strategy and management consulting experience desirable
- Knowledge of the healthcare payor industry or insurance industry with functional experience in business domains.
- Strong business acumen, including domain-specific knowledge of the company and its business units
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking and consulting skills
- Strong influence and negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively drive people, process and technology change in a dynamic and complex operating environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain digital concepts and technologies to business leaders, as well as business concepts to technologists
- Will be working at CCA primary location at 30 Winter Street, Boston, MA.
- Will need to travel to various locations in Boston to understand new ways care is rendered at CCA
- Frequent travel to CCA sites to engage stakeholders.
- Will need to travel to conferences on a need basis
- Partner with organizations and potentially travel overseas during execution time.
- Standard office equipment, Mobile Phones, Smart Medical Devices, and innovative technologies. Physical requirements:
- Must be able to commute to work 5 days a week to one or more of CCA locations.