To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- CRYSTAL CITY, CA 90220
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Product Process Engineer II
Fs-precision Tech. Co., Llc • CRYSTAL CITY, CA
Posted 2 months ago
Product / Process Engineer II
We are currently seeking an experienced Product/Process Engineer II to join our team in our Compton, CA location.
Who We Are:
FS-Precision Tech. Co., LLC - We supply precision Titanium and Zirconium investment castings for demanding Aerospace, Defense, and Chemical applications. With over 35 years of experience, FS Precision Tech castings are guaranteed to keep you running while they get you safely to where you are going. To learn more about us, please visit us at www.fs-precision.com
About the Role:
The Product/Process Engineer is responsible for developing cost effective and producible tooling, processing, and planning designs to produce products in response to customer design parameters. Specifies casting mold configurations, gate and riser designs, casting process parameters, and process control plans. Participates in scrap and rework reduction plans. Applies the standard principles, theories and concepts of investment casting. Participates in product development projects.
What you’ll do:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Evaluates customer design and process specifications, recommends and negotiates changes to enhance cost-effectiveness productivity, and specifies tooling dimensions for in-house and subcontract tool designers.
- Specifies casting mold configurations, gate and riser designs.
- Establishes part route cards and specifies manufacturing work instructions.
- Validates processes using statistical methods including process capability (CPK), and gauge repeatability and reproducibility studies.
- Develops and manages engineering and first article production project schedules.
- Work closely with Quality, Manufacturing and Production Control to ensure timely delivery of high quality castings.
- Troubleshoots processes to define and implement corrective action.
- Investigates new materials and processes technologies for investment castings.
- Analyzes product failure data and laboratory test results to determine the root cause of a problem and develop solutions.
- Monitors material and process performance and evaluates material deterioration and process control.
- Designs and directs the testing and/or control of processing procedures.
- Reviews new product plans and make recommendations for material selection based on design objectives, such as strength, weight, heat resistance, electric conductivity and cost.
- Explore new technologies that can further improve product quality and performance as well as reduce manufacturing and processing costs.
- Participates in or leads scrap and rework reduction teams.
- Works closely with tool maker to develop wax tooling that will meet product conformance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Uses casting simulation software to optimize gating design on new and existing products.
Our Perfect Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, field, preferably Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Chemical Engineering
- 3-5 years of investment foundry or equivalent experience
- Preferred: 5 to 7 years of experience in investment casting of non-ferrous alloys
- Must be proficient in reading and interpreting engineering blueprints and specifications
- Must understand Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma Principles
- Must understand basic statistical process controls
- Must have the ability to act as liaison with intra-organizational departments and routine outside customers
- Must have excellent communication skills are required for interaction with both, internal and external customers
- Must have the ability to represent the Company as a prime technical contact on projects
- Must have the ability to define general approaches as well as specific solutions to technical problems and can develop solutions to complex problems requiring considerable technical insight
- Time management skills to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Expertise in analysis, critical decision making, and process improvement
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve practical problems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Competitive salary will commensurate with experience and education
- Comprehensive benefits package available
Please submit your cover letter, and resume
via the ‘Apply Now’ button!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Keywords: Manufacturing Engineer, Facility Engineer, Manufacturing Engineering Manager, Plant Engineer, Process Engineer, Process Improvement Engineer, Materials and Processes Manager, Materials Development Engineer, Materials Engineer, Materials Research Engineer, Metallurgical Engineer, Metallurgist, Process Engineer, Research Engineer, Test Engineer, non-ferrous alloys