Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We are searching for a Director of Research within our HEOR business. A successful Director of Research must have an entrepreneurial spirit— innovative by nature, and driven to create new approaches and products, and services. We are looking for people who strive to lead—lead clients, internal teams, and initiatives—and who can develop strong relationships both internally and externally. We hire smart and talented consultants to help our clients with challenging problems. We seek a leader to guide others and to bring energy, innovative thinking, and a drive to excel on a highly successful team. Our Director of Research would lead research initiatives from methodology and scientific protocol development through dissemination. We offer access to some of the largest secondary data assets available for outcomes research, avenues for primary data collection, and the resources of our parent company to drive unique data and research opportunities.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead a team of senior researchers from a research and operational perspective; strategically growing the team and its capabilities
- Provide research methodology expertise to teams to create meaningful research projects for our clients.
- Grow business through client relationships, new service offerings, and a reputation of consistently superior customer service and quality
- Are responsible for business development activities (including, but not limited to development of proposals) for a set of key clients (2-4)
- Manage client relationships
- Oversee execution of retrospective database, survey, and chart abstraction studies to ensure superior client satisfaction
- Advance dissemination of results via manuscript, reports, and conference presentations
- Coordination with other intercompany resources to support your business
- Oversee project teams and assist in the management of study budgets and timelines
- Mentor and train new research staff as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- A doctoral degree in health services research (HSR), health economics, epidemiology, PharmD or MD or MS with requisite experience
- 10+ years of research and project management experience
- Experience conducting HEOR research in various disease areas with pharmaceutical and device therapies
- Record of publication
- Demonstrated experience in management of teams across multiple functional areas
- Demonstrated experience in data driven research
- MD with a quantitative or applied research PhD
- Experience with secondary data assets, administrative claims databases or electronic medical record data
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $130,300 to $250,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: VP, Vice President, Research, healthcare, health services, telecommute, remote, work from home