TradeStation Crypto is an online cryptocurrency brokerage that operates under the TradeStation Group family of companies. Our role in this crypto ecosystem is to provide traders and investors the access and tools they need to learn, trade and earn interest. At TradeStation, we're continuously pushing the boundaries of what's possible, encouraging out-of-the-box thinking and a relentless search for innovation. We offer a collaborative and flexible work environment, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and an unlimited PTO policy.
The Department: Product Management
We are a team of amazing people who work together in a high-performance, goal-oriented culture to provide our customers with exceptional products and services. We offer a collaborative and flexible work environment, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and an unlimited PTO policy.
Our team is made up of skilled product managers with experience in banking, fintech, and cryptocurrency. We draw from top players in the financial and technology industries who are ready to stretch themselves and face the unique and exciting challenges of the digital asset world. We are an internal “think tank” that tackles complex, cross-functional projects, iterates on existing products, and acts as the go-to team for Leadership’s technical vision. Our Product Managers combine systematic analysis and detailed road mapping to assist in the definition and delivery of product initiatives across the company.
The Role: Director Product Management, Custody Operations
In this role, you will work with business leadership to manage the strategy for our core brokerage business products, while helping to define the scope and objectives for continuous product success. The ideal candidate is an expert cross-functional collaborator, with the ability to balance and communicate priorities across multiple business teams and organize and maintain a roadmap that impacts internal users and customers alike as TradeStation Crypto continues to scale its customer base and product suite.
This role reports to the Senior Director of Product Management and is an ideal opportunity for someone excited to get their hands dirty building and expanding a product offering while rapidly scaling a growing crypto business. This person will have the unique opportunity to influence our overall corporate strategy and help shape the vision of the company as we grow in this space.
The Expertise you have
- BA/BS required advanced degree (e.g. MBA) preferred.
- Experience with crypto custodial solutions, multi-signature wallets, key management, and operational controls around custody.
- The ideal candidate has experience with retail brokerage customers, building and scaling trading platforms and services as well as operational and regulatory constructs around them
The Skills you bring
- Proven experience building and/or managing multi-signature crypto custodial solutions.
- Experience in key generation, key management, warm and cold storage solutions.
- Ability to documenting workflows, working with risk management teams, operational teams, and audit teams.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and deliver business results
- Strong communication, presentation, and product leadership skills
- You enjoy collaborating with people from other parts of the organization to achieve a goal
- Proven track record of accepting ambiguity and knowledge of how to utilize your problem-solving skills to find your way out of the fog
- Intellectual curiosity and appetite for continuous learning in the industry and applying these skills to your work
- Ability to think strategically and for the long term without sacrificing pace over perfection
The Value you deliver
- You will be the inhouse wallet and custody expert that’s responsible for developing a roadmap and coordinating all aspects of crypto custody for TradeStation.
- You will interface with operational and business teams to ensure the custody solution can meet the needs of the growing business.
- You will be responsible to manage and coordinate key generation ceremonies
- You will be responsible to ensure that best practices, policies, and disaster recovery are implemented.
- Create and maintain comprehensive and high-quality product documentation for use in audits and regulatory exams
- You will work with auditors, risk teams, cybersecurity, and technologists to identify, report and remediate any risks with the custody solution.
- You will be responsible to define and deliver on a roadmap that will support a multi-custody solutions that can scale efficiently with the growing business needs.
- Communicate strategy for individual products or small group of like products based upon competitive forces, regulatory and legislative trends, and the client/customer experience
- Lead functional requirement gathering and author documents/presentations to build out commercially viable business cases
- Build and maintain product-specific content made available to our clients and business stakeholders
- Capture, analyze and improve business workflows with technology to create a scalable business operation
- 8+ years of experience in product management
- Worked as a Product Manager at a crypto custodian, crypto wallet provider, crypto exchange, brokerage, or other B2C / B2B2C trading service
- Owned the custody and/or wallet management of least one product in the brokerage, exchange, or trading services
- Experience with multi-signature crypto wallets, key management, and security best practices
- Experience in operational process / journey workflow mapping, usability testing, and gathering analytics to turn data into actionable insights
- Proven track record of shipping software products in an agile development environment
- Solid organizational skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing timelines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, proven experience driving product and business decisions
- Team-oriented and demonstrated willingness to roll up sleeves and get into the weeds of a project