To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Santa Susana, CA 93063
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Assistant General Counsel -Government Contracts
MEGGITT • Santa Susana, CA
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Senior Federal Government Contracts Attorney will provide accurate, timely, business-oriented legal advice to all levels of company management in connection with obtaining and performing contracts and subcontracts on U.S. Government programs; will also manage compliance program for U.S. Government contracts.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Provide legal advice and guidance to company and commercial management on compliance with U.S Government laws and regulations related to proposal development, cost and pricing, negotiations, FAR/DFAR provisions, contract performance and dispute resolution in connection with U.S. Department of Defense programs, primarily in the aerospace sector.
- Provide legal advice and guidance to procurement management on compliance with U.S. Government laws and regulations related to procurement, FAR/DFAR flow-downs, supplier certification requirements and other compliance requirements applicable to the supply chain.
- Management of U.S. Government Contracting Compliance Program, including management of outside advisors, development and implementation of compliance framework including assessment program, preparation of policies, procedures and other tools to enable compliant bidding and performance of contracts, and management of compliance budget.
- Provide legal advice on major business transactions, including due diligence regarding U.S. Government compliance capabilities in the context of acquisitions, assessment of compliance issues and solutions in the context of internal reorganizations, mergers and consolidations, and expedited processing of novation requirements.
- Management of training processes to ensure team competencies and capabilities to reach the business goals and expectations in the context of U.S. Government contracting.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Education Level: Law Degree from an accredited law school and active member of bar of at least one state or the District of Columbia. California bar membership preferred but not mandatory.
- Field of Study/Area of Experience: 12+ years of experience preferred with at least 10+ years of directly transferable experience in advising clients on U.S. Government contract matters. Previous in-house employment in legal function at large U.S. aerospace and defense firm preferred.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities List:
- Demonstrated depth and breadth of knowledge in government contracts, including in-depth knowledge of the FAR/DFARS as well as those requirements unique to contracting with the Government
- Strong leadership and management skills to enable the creation of a highly capable and sustainable compliance function
- Ability to anticipate internal or external business challenges/regulatory issues and make recommendations
- Proficient in analyzing legal concepts and ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences, including all levels of management, customer representatives and attorneys, and all levels of Government agency personnel, including DCAA and DCMA
- Demonstrates a high level of ethical behavior in exercising judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Must be capable of working successfully in a dynamic team environment, including cross-functional and matrixed organizations
- Ability to direct the resolution of highly complex or unusual business problems applying advanced analytical thought and judgment
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to negotiate and influence, while exercising sensitivity to the audience
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task
- Ability to ensure a high level of service and quality is maintained
- Ability to visualize and plan objectives and goals strategically
- Demonstrated ability to provide cross-functional leadership
- Ability to develop strategic plans to grow the business
- Track record of building and maintaining customer/client relationships
- Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.