To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Indianapolis, IN 46237
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Patient Care Coordinator, RN (Indianapolis, IN, US, 46237)
Franciscan St. Francis Health • Indianapolis, IN
Posted 1 month ago
8111 South Emerson Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46237
WHAT WE NEED
RNs who can keep everyone on task
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Our patients receive care from a highly qualified, compassionate team of individuals. Someone has to make sure these individuals work together to deliver the best possible care to our patients and their families. That someone is a clinical RN who works hand-in-hand with the nursing unit manager to lead the nurses and patient care staff of their unit. That someone is both compassionate and highly skilled, has strong communication skills, and knows that providing health care in a place that values faith is a special kind of calling. That person is our patient care coordinator.
Do you thrive in keeping things organized in a fast-paced environment? Do you love leading and motivating others to do their best? Are you the kind of person that just doesn’t rest until you know the best possible job has been done? We have a special place to put your skills to work.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Guide the delegation of responsibilities to the appropriate staff member to meet the needs of the patient population based on the staffing model.
- Account for all aspects of patient care, including but not limited to quality, safety, documentation, throughput, criteria for level of care and service.
- Assure compliance with professional standards, regulatory, and hospital codes of conduct.
- Evaluate the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice on the designated shift or area of responsibility.
- Collaborate with nursing staff, interdisciplinary staff and teams, leaders and others.
- Active participant or leader during unit/shift/hospital meetings, committees, and discussions.
- Maintain and demonstrates current knowledge in the administration of healthcare organizations to advance nursing practice and the provision of quality healthcare services at the unit level.
- Demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning and ongoing professional development through such activities as continuing education, certification, and participation in professional organizations.
- Support and disseminates research findings and the integration of evidence based practice guidelines for nursing practice and standards of care at the unit level or area of responsibility.
- Perform patient care when needed to support the sustainable staffing model.
- Perform regular rounding for outcomes on patients and staff.
- Perform timely and effective service recovery to address patient/family complaints and grievances.
- Assume responsibility for patient throughput and timely discharge in conjunction with bedside nurses and Case Management staff.
- Participate in development, implementation, and maintenance of policies, procedures, standards, protocols, clinical guidelines, documentation systems, and programs that support the clinical practice of nursing.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Identify personal learning needs. Seek opportunity to advance one’s skills and knowledge base in the areas of responsibility.
- Utilize time productively.
- Demonstrate flexibility in staffing and adaptability to changes in patient care practice.
- Exercise safe judgement in decision making.
- Demonstrate tact and understanding when dealing with others. Respond in a positive manner to constructive criticism.
- Assist with the orientation of new staff.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
3-5 Years Experience
License(s): Registered Nurse
Travel: Never or Rarely
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.