An Employbridge client is hiring for a Control Engineer in Itasca, IL. This is a full-time, direct-hire opportunity. See details below.
- Resolves technic al issues relating to electric al systems, wiring, and communication, networking, and controls.
- Supports on-site machine installations, maintenance operations, troubleshooting customer issues, and answering customer questions pertaining to electric al and controls.
- Performing a wide range of engineering tasks by operating computer-assisted design (CAD), programmable logic controllers (PLC) or engineering software and equipment.
- Conferring with customers, engineers, and others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects.
- Ensuring that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements by preparing electrical systems specifications, technic al drawings or topographical maps.
- Ensuring compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements by directing or coordinating installation, manufacturing, construction, maintenance, documentation, support or testing activities.
- Writing reports and compiling data regarding existing and potential electric al engineering projects and studies.
- Design functional electrical systems through the development and testing of components.
- Troubleshoot to solve unforeseen problems with product design or implementation.
- Wiring work in control panels.
- Logic skills in Rockwell PLC or FANUS PMC.
- Be able to understand electrical circuit diagrams.
- Have the technology for electrical wiring inside the control panel.
- Maintain detailed database, catalog products and component parts.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience, preferably in an electric al field service.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Relevant Electrical skills with Logic experience.
- Intermediate understanding of PLC, electric al design and Fanuc.
- Wiring work experience managing control panels.
- Computer skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in engineering, preferably electrical.
- Control Engineering
- Data Collection
- Electrical Installation Work