Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2019 sales of $28 billion (€25 billion). We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit 6373596543700.
Rotating Equipment Mechanic/Machinist – Rebuild Shop
We are currently seeking a Rotating Equipment Mechanic/Machinist to be based at our Tonawanda, NY location. This position will report to the Rotating Equipment Rebuild Shop Manager.
The overall objective of the Mechanic/ Machinist is to support the Rotating Equipment Rebuild Shop activities and ensure the safe and reliable operation of production equipment within Praxair facilities at the lowest life cycle cost.
Key responsibilities :
This “hands on” position requires a combination of disassembly, inspection, and assembly of new, repaired, or modified parts for, Rotary Blowers, Screw Compressors, Centrifugal Compressors, Reciprocating Compressors, Pumps, Expansion Turbines, and other plant support equipment. Overtime and accessibility during off-hours is required.
Required Qualifications :
- Machinist – at least 2 years in a job shop atmosphere
OR Rotating equipment mechanic/millwright with 5yrs shop/or field experience
- Experience with disassembly and reassembly procedures of rotating equipment such as : Screw compressors, rotary blowers, centrifugal compressors, reciprocating compressors, pumps, etc.
- Experience with the set up and operation and maintenance of all manual machine shop equipment such as lathes, mills, grinders, drill press.
- Expert use of all machinist precision measuring equipment such as micrometers, Vernier calipers, dial indicators.
- Demonstrates use of all hand and power tools used to disassemble or reassemble rotating equipment.
- Experience safely using overhead cranes, jib cranes and their associated rigging
- Excellent communication and team interaction skills.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as lead/participate on teams.
- Self-starter who effectively manages multiple tasks and achieves results with minimal supervision.
- Proven math skills
- Proven experience using computers and standard software packages (MS Office, E-Mail etc.).
- Journeyman Machinist – completed 4 year apprenticeship with a Minimum of 5 years of experience in a job shop atmosphere.
- Experience using NX to program & operate CNC equipment
- Hands on disassembly/ assembly of rotating equipment
- Knowledge of rotating equipment tolerances and clearances
- Experience shop balancing rotating equipment
- Experience using CMMS systems such as Infor EAM
- Demonstrates understanding of precision machining & assembly Q/A processes
- Experience with AutoCAD – Solid works
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.