To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2070 Industrial Place Southeast
Canton, OH 44707
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Tooling Development Manager
Hendrickson USA, L.L.C • Canton, OH
Posted 21 days ago
To support the development of new Hendrickson suspension components while maintaining that Hendrickson is a profitable company. We will do this by simultaneously developing the manufacturing processes and tools alongside product development. We will focus on creating processes that are capable, sustainable, and within takt time. These processes must support the capacity needed by the customer within reasonable financial payback to our company.
The Tooling Development Manager will develop and maintain divisional manufacturing engineering resources focused on the build and maintenance of production equipment. This includes, but is not limited to, the build of new machines designs, the build of existing machine designs (capacity add), and the refurbishing of existing equipment. This individual is responsible for managing and scheduling a team of engineers and/or technicians while streamlining our tool build processes.
1. Equipment Build Request (EBR) system manager
a. Create and manage resource plans
b. Manage the EBR database
c. Manage EBR priorities and back logs
d. Provide technical support and oversight of projects
e. Provide feedback loop to project/program engineers
2. Tooling engineer/technician manager
a. Assign engineers’/technicians’ schedules, projects and priorities
b. Create development goals for each technician and cross training
c. Provide technical / engineering assistance
3. Manufacturing engineer
a. Provide product/process support to the R&D / Prototype groups
b. Support and aid in coordinating facility improvement projects, safety programs, and maintaining facility initiatives (VPP, 5-S, and equipment maintenance)
4. Develop / maintain equipment rebuild & replacement list.
a. Coordinate with plant engineering to identify and track aging / malfunctioning equipment.
b. Communicate to executive management when large capital funds are needed.
c. Execute the procurement and installation or rebuilt / replaced equipment.
5. Develop / maintain an inventory management system for the tooling / manufacturing warehouse.
• 4+ years of experience in Manufacturing Engineering.
• Formal training in robotic systems, metal fabrication, and arc welding is desirable.
• Candidate must demonstrate an ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and GD&T.
• Working knowledge of PLM & 3D modeling softwares. Teamcenter and PTC Creo preferred.
• Hands-on experience in tooling, fixturing and methods is required.
• Basic knowledge of tool / fixture validation via CMM is required. Working knowledge with FARO products preferred.
• Experience in procurement of manufacturing systems and equipment relative to metal working is required.
• A demonstrated ability of project management skills is required
• Production experience is a preferred.
• Frequent sitting, work at a computer for extended periods of time
• Must be willing to travel to Hendrickson manufacturing facilities on an as-needed basis
• Office setting & shop floor setting
• Candidate will be working in and around industrial machinery. May be exposed to the following processes and the environmental conditions inherent with each: welding, machining, forming, metal surface treatment, laser cutting, plasma cutting, and other metal working and assembly processes.
• All necessary PPE (as defined by OSHA) and training associated with such will be provided.
• Must be punctual, self-motivated, and ethical.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to work well within a team environment and collaborate with different functional groups.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong problem solving and deductive reasoning skills.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Strong negotiation skills.
*This is not a comprehensive list of duties. Duties may change without notice in management’s sole discretion. Hendrickson is an at-will employer, each employee is free to resign at any time, just as Hendrickson is free to terminate employment at any time without cause or notice.
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Primary Location: US-OH-Canton
Work Locations: 2070 Industrial Place SE Canton 44707
Job Type: Full-time
Job : Apr 1, 2019, 11:39:53 AM