To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Virginia Beach, VA 23450
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior SOX Compliance Auditor
Kforce Finance and Accounting • Virginia Beach, VA
Posted 10 days ago
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce's client, a global industry leader headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia (VA) is currently seeking a Senior SOX Compliance Auditor.
Do you want to work for a Fortune 500 Company? Do you want to work in a prestigious audit department? Do you want to work for a company that invests in its people and helps them grow? Then this is the role for you!
- Conduct preliminary surveys of SOX audit areas to define scope and analyze risk
- Draft planning memos and engagement letters
- Prepare opening and closing meeting presentations
- Draft SOX audit programs ensuring complete coverage and analysis of assigned areas
- Execute audit testing and document workpapers
- Draft audit reports and review findings with Internal Audit department management and the client
- Develop knowledge in a critical subject matter area and/or knowledge of key business processes
- Ensure that issues or problems are addressed and communicated appropriately in a timely manner
- Communicate testing results to the project manager, process owner, and management
- Draft observations and recommendations to resolve or prevent errors and enhance controls within the audited entity
- Perform special reviews and other related duties as assigned
- Provide timely status reports to the Manager and Director
- Develop value-added relationships with process owners and business unit management
- Utilize data analytics in performing audit services
- Rapidly assimilate and apply new knowledge in areas such as: general business, transaction processing industry, financial accounting, business writing and presentations, business risk and mitigation techniques, and businesses and practices
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or Economics required
- CPA, MBA, CIA, requisite designation or comparable business experience highly preferred
- 2+ years of experience, preferable in Big 4 Public or National Accounting firm, or comparable business experience
- Moderate out of town and local travel, estimated at 15% - 20% per year
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced ability in analyzing risk and designing efficient control practices to minimize risk
- Ability to work independently and proactively to execute critical tasks, including participation in the planning, execution, administration, reporting and review of all phases of operational and compliance audits, business risk identification, audit program development and execution, audit observation discussion and development, and interaction with key management associates
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.