At Whitman, Requardt & Associates, LLP, we are "People Focused and Project Driven". We have been in business for more than 105 years and we are known for our quality work and quality employees. This is your chance to join our team - help us to design the infrastructure and buildings that improve the world!
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer Intern to join our Building Design Group in our Baltimore, MD office. This position will work directly with a mid-level or senior engineer to assist in project design. Project design includes calculations for a HVAC design component using a variety of software programs, developing construction documentation using REVIT or AutoCAD and assisting in construction administration through reviewing shop drawings.
- Load calculations
- Ventilation calculations
- System calculations including pumps and fans
- Development of plans including duct layout, piping layout and equipment layout
- Code analysis and compliance with design standards Learning Objectives
This internship will provide the opportunity to learn about mechanical system design including:
- HVAC design approach Calculations for HVAC building design using different software programs including Trane Trace
- REVIT and AutoCAD training and application for HVAC design
- Mechanical system knowledge
- Interdisciplinary coordination
- Team approach to building design
- Currently pursuing a B.S. degree in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering
- Ability to effectively communicate orally/written at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to handle multiple assignments
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
WRA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all applicable anti-discrimination laws.
***** Not accepting resumes from 3rd party recruiters for this position *****
- Auto Cad
- Autodesk Revit
- Building Design