Eaton’s North American Truck division, a part of our Vehicle group, is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our South Bend, IN office. Relocation will be provided for candidates currently located in the United States.
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for providing plant manufacturing and maintenance engineering support. In this role, you will lead projects to achieve plant goals in safety, quality, delivery and cost, in a manner consistent with South Bend’s designation as Eaton’s Forging COE (Center of Excellence).
The incumbent will work closely with Divisional Advanced Manufacturing and Program Management functions to create and implement new manufacturing processes.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Utilize PROLaunch (as required) to support profitable, reliable and on-time launch of projects within the facility
- Support Divisional Advanced Manufacturing studies for capacity analysis and new technologies including automation
- Identify process inefficiencies or improvements, and formulate comprehensive business cases to address
- Partner with the Quality function to provide support for automated data collection and analysis activities
- Support the maintenance and integration of manufacturing programs and forge die development
- Monitor forging processes, reconciles irregularities through SPCs and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Demonstrate ability to understand source(s) of variation by applying Six Sigma methodologies.
- Maintain and develop Machine FMEAs and Process FMEAs
- Apply Eaton MESH regulations to ensure engineering projects are launched safely
- Knowledge of Gage R&R, SPC, Six Sigma, and PPAPs
- Develop and implement new engineering processes into production cells
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum of 3 years manufacturing engineering experience (may include internship/co-op experience)
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- Working knowledge of Pro/E, or similar parametric CAD package
- Experience with cost estimating and Budgeting
- General understanding of hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems
- Formal problem solving (8D’s, root-cause & countermeasure, 6 Sigma)
- Lean manufacturing tools and implementations
- General familiarity with Quality systems
- Working knowledge of mechanical design principles
- Strong product design ability (Both new product & product modification)
- Advanced knowledge in engineering report and specification writing
- In-depth knowledge of mechanics of materials, statics, and dynamics
- Ability to make recommendations on product designs, strongly influence product costs, and capital investments.
- Ability to lead technical discussions and presentations for internal and external customers, including design reviews, non-advocate reviews and technical coordination meetings.
- Thorough knowledge of product applications, product design techniques, engineering processes, and engineering standards.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Six Sigma Methodology