To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Alexandria, VA 22302
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Kforce Finance and Accounting • Alexandria, VA
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in Alexandria, Virginia (VA) is seeking an Accounting Manager. Summary: The Accounting Manager will support the corporate accounting department by determining accounting treatment for complex transactions and reviewing journal entries prepared by staff. Duties:
- Responsible for assisting the Controller in establishing departmental process controls and drafting policy/position papers on numerous accounting topics ranging from revenue recognition, to capital asset policy, to inventory management and policy
- Serve as project lead on major accounting initiatives, such as installing the new accounting system, as well as any future upgrades or installation of accounting related software
- There will be a heavy focus on accounting for partnership transactions, as well as preparation of investor and management reporting
- Work with the Controller to prepare footnotes and financial statements as part of the close and reporting process
- Lead the variance and close reporting package
- Lead independent projects assigned by the Controller, and FP&A Director on an as-needed basis
- Review journals
- Review accounting/reconciliations
- Assist in budget and forecast preparation process
- Recording revenue on partnership business and reconciling payments from retailers to POS system
- Prepare payment/collection calendar based on team/investor contracts
- Prepare and review weekly payout batches
- Organize and file incoming Partnership and Investor Agreements
- Identify issues and propose solutions based on GAAP principals
- Assist with annual audit
- Developing staff, by training them on GAAP application and re-enforcing problem areas with additional training
- Must use proven techniques to coach up staff to build understanding and departmental efficiency
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting (Required)
- CPA license is preferred
- Managerial experience with at least 6-10 prior years of accounting experience, may include audit or corporate accounting
- Great Plains systems experience a plus
- Banking experience a plus