ECS is seeking a Senior Systems Analyst to work in our Arlington, VA office.
The candidate shall be a self-starter with the ability to operate in this role with minimal supervision. The position requires a broad technical knowledge of how to best use technology to address business requirements and translate requirements into a technology solution. The position requires extreme attention to detail; excellent oral and written communication skills; knowledge and understanding of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and other Federal Acquisition Rules, Regulations and Standards of Conduct; proficiency with all Microsoft Office products, especially MS Excel and Word; technical writing experience.
The candidate shall be responsible for the following:
- Consolidating data from various sources, formulating recommendations and presenting to senior management
- Understanding of and ability to grasp impact of technology on operations
- Coordinating work of team members, developing and documenting processes and procedures, oversee project tasks, developing project schedules
- Review technical documentation to ensure at the appropriate level of intended audience
- Validating activities and content against requirements and/or Statements of Work
- Coordinating and managing projects and resources, including monitoring and inspecting costs, work, and contractor performance
- Monitoring and reviewing procurement documentation for compliance with FAR, other acquisition-related regulations, policies, and guidance, and the acquisition process. Provide oversight and advisory for procurement-related documentation.
- Assisting with Data Calls related to acquisition, procurement, and other activities.
Will engage in program/project management activities, perform technical writing, research, and editing functions to prepare reports, manuals, memos, presentations, schedules, guidelines, and other simple and complex documentation supporting the tasks and projects outlined in this SOW. This position requires a broad technical knowledge of IT technology.
- Must have a Bachelors Degree
- Exhibit extreme attention to detail; have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Conduct solid research, collect, analyze and correctly interpret data
- Create, assimilate, and convey technical/non-technical material in a concise and effective manner
- Interact and communicate with all stakeholders having excellent language, writing, and revision skills
- Construct draft and finalize all documentation; content being well-written, effective and in meaningful format
- Consolidating data from various sources, performing technically and operationally based analysis to formulate recommendations and composing briefings suitable for presenting to senior management
- Reviewing technical documentation to ensure content and details are at the appropriate level of intended audience
- Ten (10) years' experience of technical writing/documentation in the information technology field
- Expert proficiency with MS Office Suite including MS Project
- Eight (8) years of experience with Information Technology Infrastructure to include such aspects as network, storage, server, security and/or database technologies in a support, operations or installation capacity
- Possesses quantitative and analytical skills
- Possesses superior communication skills in both oral and written form
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.