Apex Systems is currently looking for a Sr. Network Engineer supporting a large federal client in the Washington, D.C area. The ideal candidate will have solid technical knowledge and experience in engineering, configuring, and managing Cisco based switches, routers and Juniper firewalls in a WAN, LAN, or WLAN data center solution.
If interested, please send your most up-to-date resume to Beca at Email blocked - click to apply.
***Must Be Able to Obtain/Maintain an active DOD Top Secret Clearance
- Knowledge or experience in engineering, configuring, or managing failover configurations of network components and load balancing components (F5 Network GTM, LTM, Big IP Platform ) technologies).
- Current hands on network administration skills and network management experience.
- Strong Troubleshooting skills in support of Linux/UNIX and Windows servers Network devices, and Applications servers and the ability to quickly adapt to new system environments and interface with systems.
- Ability to lead and manage a small network team and follow change management process including creating required change management documentation.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills to integrate new capabilities. The ability to quickly adapt to new system environments and interface with systems.
- An interest in working on a broad range of problems and technology and as part of a multidisciplinary team and the ability to work independently at times.
- Technical writing & documentation skills/drawings (MS Visio, Word, Excel)
- Must be a self-starter and can work independently with minimum direction.
- Must be able to coordinate with contractor management and Government personnel to ensure that the problems have been property defined and that the solution will satisfy Government requirements.
- Data Center Integration experience and system infrastructure upgrades (10 Gbps hardware / standards).
- Experience with Juniper JunosOS, SRX 5400, CISCO 5672 switch & Nexus OS
- Experience with F5 (LTM, GTM, DNS, AAM, AFM, SDN, Routing, APM, ASM)
- Integration of one or more cross domain products (guards, one-way transfers, multi-level access solutions).
- Knowledge or experience configuring application gateways (e.g. Datapower, Layer 7).
- Knowledge of advanced networking and security disciplines to support insertion of newer technologies e.g. network virtualization (VMware and ESX 5.x), utilizing a common switching infrastructure and next generation firewalls.
- Network certifications (e.g. Cisco- CCNA, CCDA, CCNP and CCIE; Juniper - JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP, JNCIE)
- Integrating with typical IT support infrastructure services: virtualized environments including virtual switching, DNS, LDAP, Active Directory, log archive.
- Strong Troubleshooting skills in support of Linux/UNIX and Windows servers Network devices, and Applications servers and the ability to quickly adapt to new system environments and interface with systems
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Juniper Networks Certified Internet Specialist
Juniper Network Certified Internet Professional (Jncip)
Juniper Networks Certified Internet Expert
Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate
Cisco Certified Network Professional
Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert