To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Winona, MN 55987
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Product Engineer II
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. • Winona, MN
Posted 1 month ago
Job ID(Requisition ID):
Product Engineer I or II
The Product Engineer provides primary customer contact for New Product Launch (NPL) activities. Responsible for all manufacturing processes, materials, and tooling to ensure that products are assembled to customer expectations.
Essential Functions and Competencies
- Takes full manufacturing responsibility, leading products through prototype, pilot and production builds.
Preferred Qualifications (One or more preferred)
- Oversees the implementation of customer documentation changes and internal change orders.
- Reports on the status of NPL activities.
- Uses statistical tools to lead quality improvement within the customer team.
- Drives internal and external corrective action plans.
- Actively participates in new customer development and new business development.
- Analyzes line return information to understand and drives corrective action on manufacturing process issues.
- Performs product level FMEAs as required.
- Performs Design for Manufacturability and works with Test Engineering on Design for Testability.
- Assists in or developing project proposals and associated cost estimates.
- Executes product’s transitional manufacturing requirements and process approaches.
- Develops in-depth knowledge of customer’s products as required to support product’s transitional activity.
Qualifications / Education / Experience
- Demonstrates ability to work individually or in teams.
- Possesses effective communication, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills.
- Able to work weekends and off-shifts as needed.
- Possesses effective prioritization and organizational skills with particular attention to detail.
- Possesses an understanding of manufacturing systems and tooling development.
- Able to travel including day and overnight.
- Demonstrates the ability to solve and document moderately complex cross departmental issues using structured problem solving tools.
- Possesses good written oral communication and presentation skills for internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates engineering level understanding of electronic components, circuits and systems or mechanical components and systems depending upon education and related experience background
- Able to travel up to 10% of the time, including day and overnight travel.
5+ years manufacturing engineering experience with strong technical and project management experience
4 year engineering or technical degree
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.