Description - External
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Title: Patient Business Representative, Admitting at Mount Sinai West - Full Time, Evening
Manages patient's admissions, insurance coverage, bed coverage, and discharge.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Customer Service - Understands and meets the needs of external and internal customers. Puts the customer at the center of services, systems and processes.
* Influences others positively through actions and words resulting in improved work environment, services, processes and/or systems.
* Answers telephone calls regarding setting up patient appointments within the Institute for Advanced Medicine, Center for Transgender Medicine and Surgery as well as any other ambulatory care practices within the Mount Sinai Health System.
* Obtains the appropriate information required to complete the registration process.
* Confirms the patient's insurance status, and priority creates the patient's medical record and encounter forms for the visit to see medical/service providers.
* Refers calls to medical /service providers regarding patient care issues, directs calls to appropriate personnel regarding clinical/administrative issues, contacts patients to inform them of next appointment or changes in the scheduling of appointments or changes in the scheduling of appointments.
High School Graduate or GED required.
Healthcare Insurance verification and Front Desk registration.
Minimum 2 years of registration experience within a medical setting (doctor's office, hospital). Bi-Lingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
Knowledgeable in medical health insurances and front desk registration.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity, equity, and inclusion are key drivers for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai's unrivaled record of achievement, education, and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together. We invite you to participate actively as a part of the Mount Sinai Health System team by:
* Using a lens of equity in all aspects of patient care delivery, education, and research to promote policies and practices to allow opportunities for all to thrive and reach their potential
* Serving as a role model confronting racist, sexist, or other inappropriate actions by speaking up, challenging exclusionary organizational practices, and standing side-by-side in support of colleagues who experience discrimination
* Inspiring and fostering an environment of anti-racist behaviors among and between departments and co-workers
* We work hard to acquire and retain the best people and to create an inclusive, welcoming and nurturing work environment where all feel they are valued, belong, and are able to professionally advance. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, contribute to the patient experience and quality of patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our history!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai Morningside ( Formerly St Luke's), and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
The Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) provides a salary range to comply with the New York City Law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. The salary range for the role is $24.13 - $25.42 Hourly. Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including experience, education, and hospital need. The salary range or contractual rate listed does not include bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation or benefits.
- Clinical Works
- Customer Service
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Health Care
- Medical Records