The LPN serves as the clinical support to physician and advance practice providers in the outpatient medical practice setting. Skill set utilizes nursing process and practice based on established standards of nursing. Delivers a positive patient experience through the efficient medical data gathering, supports medical staff in accurate medical record documentation and efficient follow through of care plan education and delegated clinical tasks.
Work Schedule: Varies
Location: COAL CITY
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing division's philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Follows up on lab results, prescription requests, referrals and patient inquiries in a timely and responsive manner with the appropriate health care team members and communicates with providers as necessary and required.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among all health care members involved with the patients by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Maintains and administers medications, obtains lab specimens, assists with medical procedures, and performs clinical testing in accordance with established policy and procedure.
- Maintains clinical supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality and protects operations in accordance with HIPAA laws.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
- Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies
- Accurately reconciles patient's immunization record in EMR (to include ICare records)
- Responsible for accurate sample logging in EMR and medication room management.
- Ensures all clinical work queues including Rx, authorizations, and inbox messages are worked timely.
- Ensures clinic is in compliance with DNV regulations.
- Collects and documents accurately ALL required clinical patient information during rooming process within guidelines of regulatory agency, health maintenance and other quality measures.
- Administers subcutaneous and intramuscular injections as requested by physician.
* Lic Practical Nurse
* LPN CERTIFICATION
Riverside Healthcare is revolutionizing care using leading-edge technology to diagnose and treat patients. We are ranked top in the nation for performance in neurosurgery, orthopedics, and heart surgery and have also been named one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® by Truven Health Analytics seven times. Riverside is nationally recognized for our specialty programs in obstetrics, trauma, oncology, rehabilitation, geriatrics, occupational health, psychiatric services, and treatment of alcohol and chemical dependency, as well as patient safety. We combine innovation and convenience at state-of-the-art facilities located in communities throughout the greater Kankakee area.
Riverside Medical Center proves that truly progressive medicine is being delivered in Chicago’s southwest suburbs and East Central Illinois. Join a team that is not only concerned with providing the best care possible but also with offering a work environment of advancement and growth. Riverside is a place that embraces a culture where opinions count and dedication is respected, where superior performance is rewarded with competitive salaries and excellent benefits.