Latham & Watkins, a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is currently seeking a Global Pitch & Proposal Senior Specialist to join our global New Business Team in our Los Angeles, San Francisco, or San Diego office. The success of our firm is largely determined by our commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides our clients with the highest quality of work and service. We are driven by our core values: respect, innovation and collaboration.
The Global Pitch & Proposal Senior Specialist will receive a generous total compensation package. Bonuses are awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in Latham's comprehensive benefit program including healthcare, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401k plan, and more! In addition, employees receive 10 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure.
The Global Pitch & Proposal Senior Specialist is a global role that works closely with local Business Development teams and partners to develop and deliver high-quality proposal documents. These documents are utilized by partners in client interactions to present the firm's understanding of the client's issues along with our proposed solutions, experience, and team credentials. The Senior Specialist will also lead scoping sessions with partners to develop proposal themes and messages, as well as prepare partners for client presentations.
In addition, the Senior Specialist coordinates discussions with the industry and practice teams and brings global best practices to ensure the BD team and partners are prepared to conduct high-impact conversations with clients to position the firm to secure the business. The Senior Specialist will act as mentor to the Specialists and Junior Specialists on the team and provide assistance as needed on more complex projects, while accomplishing these and other critical functions:
* Conducting information gathering sessions with relevant BD teams and partners to clarify requirements, client needs, and approach
* Drafting, editing, and finalizing external-facing BD materials such as credentials statements, pitch documents, and responses to RFPs
* Collaborating with BD teams, lawyers, and firm resources in gathering and compiling information for credentials statements, pitch documents and responses to RFP
* Analyzing ITT/RFP/RFI request documents to elicit compliance requirements, instructions, evaluation criteria, and undertake other bid management tasks such as developing bid plans and templates, liaising with internal SMEs to produce high quality documents
* Helping partners prepare for client meetings, including developing scripts, talking points, and additional supporting pitch documents. Providing one-on-one partner coaching as needed
* Working with relevant global BD teams to maintain and update standard materials such as templates, content, biographies, and experience within the firm's proposal management system and databases Ensuring that best practices in the preparation of proposal documents are maintained and shared across department
* Coordinating with internal BD resources to ensure that business development activities are collaborative and consistent
* Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with firm leadership and subject matter experts to obtain necessary feedback, input, and sign-off on materials
As a Global Pitch & Proposal Senior Specialist, you will be expected to apply your pitch experience, communication and organizational skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. A successful candidate should exhibit the ability to maintain flexibility with respect to assigned tasks due to changing deadlines, changing deliverables and changing task priorities; ability to learn and apply new skills quickly and effectively; strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including effective interpersonal communications (e.g., active listening); ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion; possess an advanced ability to understand and analyze opportunities and develop written strategies to address and solve them; knowledge and proficiency in PC applications, including Word and PowerPoint.
A Bachelor's degree or equivalent is preferred with an APMP certification a plus. A minimum of three (3) years' related experience developing and managing credentials, proposals, tenders, or other written sales tools along with a minimum of four (4) years of relevant work experience in a legal or professional services environment is desired. The Global Pitch & Proposal Senior Specialist should have experience working in a team/pitch environment and experience utilizing project/pitch management tools. The Senior Specialist should be comfortable working in a high-pressure environment and have a strong understanding of effective proposal and business development strategies. The Senior Specialist should have superior writing/language skills and the ability to convey complex technical information in reader-friendly language.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by clicking the 'Apply Now' link.
Latham & Watkins is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity, equal opportunity and sustainability enables Latham & Watkins to draw from a remarkable wealth of talent to create one of the world's leading law firms.
Latham & Watkins is also committed to protecting the health and well-being of our employees and partners, their families, and members of our community against COVID-19. Accordingly, we require all partners and employees based in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have a documented underlying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief that prevents such vaccination. Offers of employment will be conditioned upon applicants presenting proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or obtaining an exemption on medical or religious grounds.
Latham & Watkins LLP will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
For information regarding family care and medical leave (CFRA), click here. #LI-AH1
- Active Listening
- Business Development