$50000.00 to $80000.00 yearly
If you're looking to further your career as a Staff Accountant, the innovative team at Robert Half Finance is currently offering a full-time opportunity that you might be interested in. As Staff Accountant, you will prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance and general ledger reconciliation. During the monthly close, various aspects of internal reporting will be under your responsibility. Lend your skills towards developing and implementing accounting policies. In addition, you will review schedules for the reporting processes, take part in compliance, and interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits. This position plays an intricate part in producing Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. Based in the Deer Park, Texas area, this role is a career-building, multi-faceted opportunity to work for a company that recognizes and rewards hard work.
What you get to do every single day
- Compose thorough journal entries and account reconciliations which include, but are not limited to, cash, prepaid expenses, and payroll
- Regularly maintain and reconcile journal entries
- In-depth experience with reconciling month end balance sheet accounts
- Maintain, implement, and adhere to internal controls while ensuring that accounting procedures comply with GAAP
- Participate in various department-wide initiatives
- Analyze and coordinate a variety of financial data, and report it in a useful and understandable manner
- Upon request, take part in special projects and impromptu reporting
- Manage depreciation, fixed asset ledgers, and reconciliation
- Perform month end close, journal entries, with minimum supervision
- Maintain capital lease and monthly payment schedules
- Compose analyses for income statements and monthly balance sheets for management reporting
- Handle intercompany transactions, billings, and reconciliation
- Assist with the month end, quarter end and year end closing process by preparing monthly financial close workbooks
For consideration, contact Liz Cornett@ Email blocked - click to apply
- High attention to detail and possesses excellent organizational and writing skills
- Commitment and abilities to meet critical business deadlines
- Proficient with spreadsheets and databases
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Recent and relevant accounting experience
- Seizes opportunities to produce results without direct supervision
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases
- Efficient in ERP systems
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and constantly changing company environment
- Fully formed organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Proven knowledge of account reconciliation
- Strong familiarity with inventory
- General ledger experience desired
- Month end closings experience
- Journal entries experience highly desired
- Job costing experience
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
By clicking 'Apply Now' you are agreeing to Robert Half URL blocked - click to apply.