To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Saint Petersburg, FL 33716
- Marcus Collins
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Kelly Scientific Resources • Saint Petersburg, FL
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Analytical R & D Scientist Analytical Research & Development Scientist - St. Petersburg FL Kelly Services is currently seeking a Research & Development Scientist for one of our top clients in St. Petersburg FL.
The Analytical Research and Development (AR&D) laboratory supports evaluation and testing of raw materials, excipients, APIs, in-process and finished product samples. AR&D also performs development and validation of methods used to support release and stability testing of non-commercial products and materials. The department provides analytical services to manufacturing, process development, validation and new material qualifications. AR&D interacts with clients to provide not only research and testing of products, but also support CMC development activities in support of client regulatory filings. Activities are performed in accordance with specifications, standard operating procedures, approved test methods and/or protocols, regulatory requirements, and Quality departmental policies.
Candidates MUST Have:
- PhD in scientific field with 1 yr, or MS in scientific field with 3+ yrs, or BS in scientific filed with 5 yrs in an analytical GMP environment
- Minimum of 5 yrs experience with identification or separation techniques such as HPLC, UPLC, GC, MS, NMR and experience with method development/validation.
- Requires cleaning validation experience.
- Familiar with drug development and regulatory requirements for submissions.
- Experience with common pharmaceutical laboratory equipment including, but not limited to UV/Vis, IR, AA, HPLC, UPLC, GC, ICP-OES, LCMS, ICP-MS, Dissolution
- Expertise in wet chemistry techniques such as titrations, extractions and digestions
- Critical thinking ability with experience in laboratory investigations.
- 5 years relevant pharmaceutical laboratory/analytical experience.
- Sound foundation of ICH and USP/EP guidance.
- Develop and validation methods with some supervision.
- Run routine test methods in support of drug substance and drug product sample testing as required.
- Analyze data, document results, maintain laboratory notebook according to cGMP and Internal guidelines.
- Communicate results in written and oral presentations.
- Perform critical data review for method transfers and generation of stability reports to support regulatory filings.
- Assist with data generation or compilation for regulatory inquiries, customer request and investigations.
- Assist in writing Procedures, Specifications and Test Methods. Keep abreast of literature in field; help train colleagues; contribute to continuous improvement within the group.
- Comply with FDA, EPA and OSHA regulations, performing all work in a safe manner. Maintain proper records in accordance with all SOP's and policies
- Ability to develop and validate instrumental methods in support of Drug Substances and Drug Products Programs
- Analysis of finished products, in-process materials, fill moisture, raw materials, cleaning verification and validation samples according to specifications, methods and protocols.
- Preparation of reagents, standards and media needed for analysis according to procedures.
- Safe handling of potent and teratogenic compounds.
- Disposal of hazardous waste according to environmental regulations and company procedures.
- Tabulation/ interpretation of results of analysis as recorded in notebooks, reports and logbooks.
- Assures right-first-time execution of departmental methods and SOPs.
- Audits and verifies results, including but not limited to, calculations in notebooks/logbooks and results in reports to check for accuracy and integrity of data.
- Writes/ reviews analytical methods, deviations, protocols, SOPs and other technical documents.
- Lead all analytical method transfer activities as required by their area.
- Supports Material Evaluation Process for new materials
- Provides project support for new product development programs under the direction of the lead scientist or group leader
- Conducts and writes laboratory investigations using the appropriate Root Cause Analysis tools.
- Identifies/implements improvements that will reduce cycle time for testing/release products.
- Works flexible hours including weekends and evenings to accommodate the production / validation schedule.
If you are interested in advancing your career with this opportunity, apply now for immediate consideration.
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations— providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.