Part Time - Help Desk -Computer Operation Analyst (9362014)
We are seeking a part time, entry level Help Desk -Computer Operation Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located in Raleigh, NC. This is an on-site position with no telecommute.
This is the perfect opportunity for recent college graduates with a concentration in Information Technology. You will join the team which supports the US Postal Service’ EDI / Data Transport systems team which is responsible for event monitoring, troubleshooting and external / internal customer requests. The ideal candidate needs to be highly motivated and very organized. You will respond to situations as they are encountered and escalate as needed.
Activities include monitoring email alerts, assisting customers over the phone to work to determine the issue and contact the appropriate team members to resolve the problems. In this position you will gain exposure to Linux, networking, B2B data transactions and enterprise level systems.
The Position currently is for a part time position and will be for nights.
Schedule will be Saturday and Sunday 7pm – 7am (24 hours per week) with the potential to extend to 3-day schedule (28 hrs / week) Some initial required training will take place during normal business hours of 9am-5pm Mon- Fri for 1-3 months depending on ability to learn and understand the material required for support. FLEXIBILITY IS REQUIRED
• Completed or near completion of BS in Computer Science or a related field or an equivalent combination of education or experience in computer or telecommunications architectures, systems analysis, and management of information technology may be substituted.
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Experience with Windows Operations systems, Office suite and Outlook email.
• Previous operations support duties
• Ability to follow detailed instructions or procedures with minor supervision and work independently or in a team environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, and over the telephone in English.
• Basic knowledge of Linux commands and troubleshooting.
• Basic knowledge of networking and TCP/IP
• Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance – US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder) is required
• Must not have traveled outside the US for a combined total of 6 months or more in last 5 years
• Must have resided in the US for the last 5 years
• Must be able to work the assigned part time schedule; initial training period will reflect a Mon-Friday daytime schedule
• MUST be willing to work additional hours /on call as needed
• BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Experience working in IT support role [Helpdesk, Tier 1]
NGTS 4200 Wake Forest Rd Raleigh NC United States 27609
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
With Kelly, you’ll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around
the globe—offering you the chance to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative and high-
visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities
will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™
companies, and more than 3,000 IT hiring managers turn to us each year to access the best talent:
people like you.
Last year we found 8,000 opportunities for IT professionals. Let us help advance your career
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit URL blocked - click to apply and connect with us on URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. URL blocked - click to apply